looking for a trade...hopefully

1988 quest

I think he means "A MAF-T that is designed for a 1g." Which is the one that works for our cars. I don't think he is talking about using a 1g MAS

honestly i dont know what the hell i'm talking about. i just got a brand new 3.5 GM MAF sensor. so what the hell do i do now i guess is what i'm asking i'm so freaking loss between maft and 1g or translators and all this s*** can some one PLEASE make a air flow for dummies kinda thing for me. thank you. i keep trying to tell people i aint the coldest beer in the fridge. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

ok, you can get a 1g maf from a first gen eciplse/talon or you can use the gm 3 inch or 3.5 inch maf with a maf translator for a first gen eclipse/talon. They need to be uses together the maft does exactly what is sounds like it does. Basically, it translates the signal from the GM maf to a signal the mitsu ecu can use. It has a few small adjustment knobs inside that can be used to tune it to some extent. There are a few threads that have been pinned with different tunes that people are using based on their mods ect. Keep reading up on the subject and you'll get the idea.

BC_99

You would be better off with the 1G MAS if you are not experienced with this car because it's plug and play with a little mod to the connector. With a MAFT and GM Maf you need a wideband 02 guage to tune it properly. Edited by marso