1989 Conquest with MPI, Near Tampa

jr

Hi all, my car is on eBay but I thought I'd post it here as well. Here is a copy and past of my ebay ad.

I'm asking 3k, I have more than that in mods easily, but it's just sitting and not doing me a bit of good at this point.

1989 Chrysler Conquest - Rebuilt Title

I have owned the car for about 17 years, daily driven the first 7, and mostly parked the last 10. The car has had a lot of time & money put into it, but still needs more to be 100%. I just don't have the desire to work on it at this point. Owning the car for so long, it makes the details hard to remember, but I will try and put all I can remember. If you have questions, or want to chat about feel free to send me your number and I will call you, I have been a fan of these cars since my early teens. I bought the car with the rebuilt title already, so I do not know the details of what happened. Since this was pre-airbags, etc I never worried about it much. It has always driven straight, and aligned without issue.

Any questions, please ask.

Good / Mods:

The car has about 134k miles. 15k since the motor was built

Motor has wiseco Piston, matched ports, 20g turbo, non-jetvalve head, balanced rotating assembly with balance shafts removed, lightented factory flywheel, and all the wear items were replaced with factory mitsubishi parts, ie the timing chain, bearings, and more that I don't remember at this point I'm sure.

Intake is a custom made part, with rc engineering 550cc injectors, mustang cobra Throttle Body (70mm), and a large after market intercooler

Turbonetics Godzilla Turbo Bypass Valve

Aftermarket custom aluminum radiator

Stebani strut mounts & brace. I also have the same for the rear, but the reat is not installed, I had my sub in the way. :)

Eibach lower springs, tockico strut, and ground contol aftermarket sway bars and mounts

Stedbani aluminum flywheel, not installed

autometer phantom complete gauge set. Only the Tach & Temp gauge were ever installed, but I have the rest there.

Factory SHP 8" front & 9" rims

DTA e48 ECU to run the Mutliport injection. http://www.dtafast.co.uk/E48_EXP.htm

3" turbo back exhaust, with 3" cat and borla stainless muffler

Includes custom SUB box

No rust on the frame or panels

cross drilled rotors, and stainless brake lines.

ABS replaced with a summit bias valve to you can change between front and rear brake power.

The distributor Ignition replaced with a coil pack, and crank sensor system that is run byt he DTA unit

Has a wide band Air fuel sensor - great for road tuning and logging

Polk Audio Speakers

Bad / Needs:

The paint is bad, it was not done well and has a lot of orange peel. Embarassingly I had this done, went way too cheap, but I was broke back then.

The drivers side body had some light damage, and when they painted it they tried to fix it with Bondo, but did a bad job. It doesn't look horrible, but no better than the light dent that was there, and the bondo cracked a bit as well. This is definitley not the reason for the cars title, it was a very light damage and was better before we "fixed" it.

Interior is mostly there, but has no radio, and is partially disassembled as pictured. The factory guage cluster is also cut. I have spare on if you want to just go back to factory guages.

I think the gas tank may have rust in it again, this happened once before, due to ethanol I'm sure. I replaced it once, but I think it happened again since it sits for long periods of time, and when I started it it is bogging again. The car still runs, but I think the fuel filter is clogged up again. IF you have interest in the car, I will replace the filter to show that it does run very STRONG, just needs that dealt with. The Car is begging to be driven regularly obviously. The tune is not perfect, especially when cold, but it is very drivable. I actually was driving it back and forth to work (26 miles each way) about 5 years ago.

Tires and rims. Tires are all dry rotted, and the one removed from the car does not hold air. The rims have scratches and dents. I had a excellent set of the 7 / 8 rims, but traded them for this set of beat up SHPs about 3 years ago with the intent to repair and polish them, but lost interest.

The AC doesn't work, the condenser is not installed, but should be able to be put in if you want to have AC back

I will miss it a bit. :(

I'm certain I'm missing some items, but that is all I can think of. I have been a longtime fan of these cars, but just don't have the time to work with it, and hate to see it not being taken care of, or finished. I have way too much money in this car as you can tell by the parts listed, and thoguth about parting it our, but would rather someone use it, I had lot of fun with that car but it is time for it to go. I struggled with what to ask for the car, it has way more money in parts, but I know it is a project, so will listen to offers. When the car was is on the road it pulls hard, and is quite fast. It ran a 14.1 before the TPI conversion with the 20g and built motor on the stock TB injection. It feels much faster with the new setup, but I never went back to the track after the tpi work.

I have a lot more pictures here: http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l591/starion3/ebay3/

So am I asking too much? How about 2800?? Maybe I will pull it out and take more pictures, and vid of it running? any suggestions? I just get question on how to make the fuel system on ebay....

• 2 weeks later...

This car was definitley worth more in parts, but I've got a tracking number for the deposit, so I'm pretty sure it is really sold anyway.

thanks!

Jesse

I would love to have the interior. I had this in my car and threw it all away ten+ years ago, regrettable. GLWS, and if you don't sell it, I'll buy the interior ;)

• 1 month later...
is it gone or will you part it ??? I might want flywheel ... call Larry in Largo 727 535 8873 days to talk call asap as I am putting clutch in in a day or so