need help picking turbo

19cturbo

I got a 7 blade hx35 with a 12cm housing and it hits 19lbs boost by 4k rpm. Im logging 36-38lb/min airflow at that boost level. They say it will push 60lb/min. I will be turning it up soon and I'll let you know how that goes ;)

well you know what i went with for a turbo

i am headed to the dyno for tuning on the 14th so ill be posting my results then for you to check out

what have you put into the car and how much power would you like to get out of the engine? this will help start the thread off nicely.

also, will this be a drag car, street car, auto-x car, drift car, rollover car, tree hugger?

Edited by The Rabbit1

what have you put into the car and how much power would you like to get out of the engine? this will help start the thread off nicely.

also, will this be a drag car, street car, auto-x car, drift car, rollover car, tree hugger?

Build is in sig, and its going to be a jack stand king.. i like throwing money at things to watch them set!

at 600cfm you should, in theory, be able to get 400hp

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbotech.html

I don't know much about the theory, trying to learn here.

Most of those HP calculators are for generic applications. A turbo setup that makes 400 HP on a 4 valve head 2.0 will make less on our 2 valve 2.6. What works for one motor may not work for others. A blanket statement of this is a 400hp turbo is incorrect. Since a G54b head may not flow as well as a 4G63 head the G54B will need more boost pressure to get the same flow. More boost pressure requires a higher cfm turbo. Then you have intake and exhaust variables and several dozen other variables to consider.

For example a stock 12a produces around 300 cfm. A big 16g produces 580 cfm. If 600 cfm = 400hp on our engines then everyone with everyone with a big 16g should be a few hp away from 400 but that's just not the case.

Most of those HP calculators are for generic applications. A turbo setup that makes 400 HP on a 4 valve head 2.0 will make less on our 2 valve 2.6. What works for one motor may not work for others. A blanket statement of this is a 400hp turbo is incorrect. Since a G54b head may not flow as well as a 4G63 head the G54B will need more boost pressure to get the same flow. More boost pressure requires a higher cfm turbo. Then you have intake and exhaust variables and several dozen other variables to consider.

For example a stock 12a produces around 300 cfm. A big 16g produces 580 cfm. If 600 cfm = 400hp on our engines then everyone with everyone with a big 16g should be a few hp away from 400 but that's just not the case.

went back to the other thread, trying not to threadjack here.

Edited by The Rabbit1