Looking for a windshield in Central Florida

artman

I might be stating the obvious and sorry if so, but under FL law, comprehensive auto insurance is required to replace your windshield upon any damage or normal wear and tear as a safety/preventative maintenance issue. I just found out about that and had my Saturn's replaced for free since it had tons of tiny scratches and was horrible at sunset.

yes this is true i just had the one in my quest replaced however i had to buy my glass because safelite could not find one

but my insurance paided me back for it within 24 hours

anyways here is one i just ran across http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSUBISHI-STARION-2D-LIFTBACK-1983-89-WINDSHIELD-F493-/380310394947?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588c441843

Yeah, I know about the insurance coverage,thanks though. The car has been uninsured and in the garage for a few years. I have removed the old windshield and can't find a replacement so far, that E-bay listing is a little high by the time you add shipping. I'll keep watching the forums for parts cars and other ads, Thanks for any help Art Edited by artman

I had a glass shop find me one, and it was going to cost me 400, plus another 150-200 to install...it's a grip but they are out there if your shop is willing to look. I think the only reason they found it for me was because I know them, otherwise they would have given up in a heartbeat. Edited by StarQuestMike

• 2 months later...
I finally found a windshield locally ( about 2 hrs away), got lucky and found a clean used one in a salvage yard in Lakeland, Fla. I have been looking for a while and checking back with the same junkyards when one of them gave me the site info that they go to for locating parts across the nation, it's a pretty cool site http://car-part.com/ , gives you all the info you need to locate and contact part supplier, hope this can help someone. Now I'm going through the archives to find the best install method, the seal from the original is still complete and I had bought some 3M windshield weld urethane adhesive to reinstall figuring I can just reset it in the old seal or dam I think it's called. I was told about some sort of windshield kit from advanced auto so now I'm wondering what you all do?

I've never heard of another car using the same windshield as the Conquest/Starion, is that what your saying? Should I completely remove the old dam? The one thread I found appeared to be saying that the bead of urethane is enough. Sorry for the newb questions but I don't want to risk having to do this twice and possibly break it, thanks –Art

Windshield found!!! Thanks for the help, just trying to figure out how to install. Seems easy enough but I only want to do this once! I have the factory manual but find it easier to understand the laymans terms and pics found here on this site! Thanks –Art