twin turbo???

Meh, never got involved with that war. I don't think forum wars make much sense.

I never got "involved" persay. I was constantly flamed on Saturnfans, even by the mods, for wanting to turbo my SC.

I never got "involved" persay. I was constantly flamed on Saturnfans, even by the mods, for wanting to turbo my SC.

Hell, I may have even been one who flamed you. I admit I constantly tried to talk people out of spending a bunch of money on those cars. They are great little cars, but I can't see doubling or more their value and ending up with a pretty heavily compromised car. To me sometimes people modify a certain car just because it is what they have, when if they thought about the money they'd spend they could buy something more like what they want.

I mean if you have a boatload of money go for it, but most times it was always a story of, "No money, but I want to make 400HP and drag race Vipers".

You are better off here, building a Starquest if you want some speed.

Hell, I may have even been one who flamed you. I admit I constantly tried to talk people out of spending a bunch of money on those cars. They are great little cars, but I can't see doubling or more their value and ending up with a pretty heavily compromised car. To me sometimes people modify a certain car just because it is what they have, when if they thought about the money they'd spend they could buy something more like what they want.

I mean if you have a boatload of money go for it, but most times it was always a story of, "No money, but I want to make 400HP and drag race Vipers".

You are better off here, building a Starquest if you want some speed.

Nah, I wanted to do it for the unique factor. I didn't, and still don't, care what other people think. I think it would be fun, and if done correctly, decently quick. It was(and is) a long term project of mine. Not a drag racer, not a steet warrior, just something different. Like my Conquest.

Turbo'd saturns are fast. Very, very fast. The issue is finding someone to tune it for you which is pretty tough and unless you want to shell out some serious green for an Alpha tuning turbo kit then you gotta know how to weld and fabricate which isn't an option for everyone.

A buddy of mine has a fully built race head and some QuickSL2 copy turbo cams for his SC2...I'm trying to convince him to stick with it and turbo the thing.

• 2 weeks later...
If I decide to keep the G54B, I'll probably run two stock 12as in parallel on a custom manifold. This of course would be used with an MPI setup, possibly a cam as well. I'd like to see what kind of mid-range power the old iron 2.6 can muster, and it would he fun to have two snails in the bay.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Turbo'd saturns are fast. Very, very fast. The issue is finding someone to tune it for you which is pretty tough and unless you want to shell out some serious green for an Alpha tuning turbo kit then you gotta know how to weld and fabricate which isn't an option for everyone.

A buddy of mine has a fully built race head and some QuickSL2 copy turbo cams for his SC2...I'm trying to convince him to stick with it and turbo the thing.

Got WALKED on by one these in my 88 supra na with 75k miles it was terrible.

Got WALKED on by one these in my 88 supra na with 75k miles it was terrible.

And you thought getting walked by a Neon was an ego killer... imagine seeing a Saturn's taillights.... LOL