wrecked 1987 Conquest, red, 5 speed, $2500..SOLD

touchngo

Just 3 hours earlier my son and I was detailing his car. Later that day he got hit at an intersection on the right front, just in front of the front tire. Frame damage possible. The front clip was damaged but engine is still intact. Thank God nobody was injured. So now here I am posting his car for sale. Still waiting for the insurance adjuster to finish up with what they need to do. This just happened a couple days ago. My dilema is, do I sell whole or try to part out? If I knew somebody locally that was resonably priced I would just get it repaired.

The car is a 1987 Conquest, red exterior with no rust and decent paint. Shines real nice. The interior is black and in excellent shape. The car is all original right down to the radio. The engine is stock and runs perfect. The car has 109,000 original miles. We just replaced the clutch assembly and brand new flywheel. There was nothing at all wrong with this car before the collision except that the A/C does not blow cold. It has not been converted to new system. The car does have rust in the frame.

My son needs a car and will consider trades. We are asking $2500. I beleive the only thing that this car will need is possible frame straghtened, front clip (hood, fenders, bumper), radiator and some hoses that were cut or pinched in the collision. So sad to see now. It was such a nice looking car. I will post pictures and more info as it comes available. The car is located in Mooresville, NC. Thanks for looking.

Edited by touchngo

Touchngo,

In very near you in Concord, and Mig8788 is right over there by you in Troutman, maybe one of us could come by and check it out for you, Mig is parting an 87 out and might have what you need to put it back on the road minus the frame repair. I also have a parts car that we may be able to pull some pieces from. I have to be honest with you, your car is the most common year/color combo of these available and with the stuff you listed, you arent gonna get anywhere near $2500 for it whole. I've seen to many running decent cars sell for less than or around $1000 that werent wrecked. Im just trying to be real with you here, if you and your son like the car, fix it and keep on driving it. I know a very good painter that is in Mooresville just off 150 who is looking for some work currently and will work way cheaper than any bodyshop, if you want to go that direction. pm me your phone number if you would like to discuss any of these options further. Best of luck with it however it turns out.

BC_99

Considering the damage and also as said above about it being the most common quest I'd say part it out :( It'd cost more to fix than it's worth...

Dan

I agree.

It all depends on your emotional attachment. It CAN be fixed, but it will be expensive. The fact that the hood buckled on the opposite side and the RF wheel is leaned in at the top tells me you DO have some frame damage. The shock tower is pushed over some. A good frame shop and a parts car would put you back on the road but the insurance check may not be enough to cover it.

I seriously doubt you would ever get $2500 for it even though it does look nice.

Your BEST option is to buy an unwrecked, rust free, rolling Starion/Conquest shell and transfer all your parts to it. You could do that a lot cheaper than the other options. It would make a good father/son project!

• 4 months later...