Almost ready for tuning!

lfatty

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac118/sirshanksalot79/VID_20110427_134320.mp4

There's a link to the video of it running on its first breath of air! BTW this is jahjah's old black car. Except now it is running with oversized valves, 274 cam, hx35 turbo with 3" downpipe, custom mpi mani w/1600s, 1g ecu and harness, evo maf, running on e85, and equiped with dsmlink. Oh and of course a CAS sensor running off the back of the cam technology helped me out with ;)

Open downpipe at the moment

Edited by lfatty

Hey man i have been curious about using a 1g ecu and harness for dsm link. Can i use it with the stock Intake set up and 2 injectors. Also how hard was it to wire all up and things that is if i could even use it.

I don't believe you can use dsmlink with a 2 inj setup no. As far as the wiring was concerned it was fairly easy. I used a 1g knock sensor, cas, coilpack, ect..

Well i ve started road tuning it. Looks like my baseline a/f is 11.5-12 at cruise and 10.5 under boost. So far no knock in sight :). This is using a stock 1g timing map. But man this car is rough as hell going down the road. I don't know if its cause of the 18s or what lol.

Update.

I got my maf calibrated and I'm running 13-14 at cruise and 11-11.5 under boost. Still no knock. I need to lower my boost control setting though. I had one run in 3rd where I let off at 4600rpm and at 17lbs boost I had 20 deg timing, 11.5 afr, and 33lb/min airflow. This was at 75% throttle. I'm excited :) I really enjoy this tuning stuff lol!

Edited by lfatty

I have a knock sensor hooked up. Yes ther is a pcv on the front. My vacuum on the intake hooks underneath the intake plenum.

With dsmlink you can monitor practically anything! Then when your done you can review your log and make adjustments. All on the laptop ;) I don't miss the days of changin jets an gettin dirty lol. I would like to find a way to put a speed sensor on so I can use the rest of dsmlinks abilities.

Edited by lfatty