Best tires for my frshly powder coated 8's and 9's?

Just looking for some opinions on what tires, brands and sizes, to put on my new shp 8's and 9's which will then be mounted on the Atlantic Blue 87.

Check out the wheel pics of the gold powder coating job in my gallery. Done by Gill powder coating in Northeast Philly. Thanks for any input. :)

i always considered gold wheels on my Atlantic car. i have always liked my toyo proxys but then again i mostly like them because i have always gotten them for free lol there are defiantly better tires out there. but i did absolutely hate the ventus's i had if that is at all helpful lol

I had Toyo proxes on the original 87 wheels, which will soon be for sale, and liked them as well. I could also use some help on correct sizing for the front and rear shp's. In the book it has 245/45/16 for the rear and 225/50/16 for the front. But i have seen different listings by other members. And I can't find any245's anywhere that have matching 225's in those stock sizes.

yeah that is the correct stock sizing i have seen people run 265's on the rear also i would not worry to much about matching front and rears but that is just me and im sure alot of people will disagree i just put whatever i have on lol as long as they are the same sidewall and wont burn up the diff im happy lol

Gold FTW!!!! Here are mine

http://hphotos-ash1.fbcdn.net/175276_202225333126558_100000172771031_928536_2223474_o.jpg

I went with Kumha XS in 265/45-16 for the rear and 215/45-16. I'm running 7s and 9s. You'd probably want to size a bit wider on the front. These are a great street tire. The speedo will be a bit off with the 265/45, but ehhh what are you gonna do, not a lot of good, sporty 16 choices out there for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow they look great, can't wait to put them on my car. What is the decal on the centercap?

ebay mitsu emblems

I just put a set of Nexen N3000's on some 16 x 8-9" rims, 225/45 and 245/45. It's hard to find those sizes these days and they are good z rated rubber, also super cheap.

Nexen n3000's on ebay

ebay mitsu emblems

I just put a set of Nexen N3000's on some 16 x 8-9" rims, 225/45 and 245/45. It's hard to find those sizes these days and they are good z rated rubber, also super cheap.

Nexen n3000's on ebay

^I've got those tires on my VW and it handles great=) The tires are great for the price

Edited by Earl

Here they are

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220652968911

Here is his Ebay store if the link expires.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ATTRACTGUY-SHOP?_trksid=p4340.l2563

You have to buy them out of the AU ebay, and the ship from Thailand. Considering the distance, shipping was fast. I've bought a few things from this decal seller and it has all been top notch. They are unlicensed, but there really isn't any other good solution I could find.

60mm is still a bit small, so you'll want to prep and paint your center caps gloss black and let them fully cure; Then put the decal on.

Edited by Cloud81918

I have the kumho exacta. They are great in wet and dry and they are cheap but they are as loud as a 35" mudder. Don't buy them if you like to actually talk to your GF, though some may not:).

For 8's and 9's I would do

205/55-16

225/50-16

^that's if you want some tire stretch.

225/50-16

245/45-16

^stock SHP tire specs

toyo proxy 4's and yokohoma s drives are great tires for the price