My new 89 tsi

va 88 esir

Well, I sold the palmero gray starion in January and picked up a civic. Last week I traded the civic for a 89 quest tsi. It runs good just needs some love.

First mod:

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/Dkoy88/2011-04-18_214259.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/Dkoy88/PART951302278083993.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/Dkoy88/2011-04-18_214243.jpg

Should be going to Phil's tomorrow to get some parts. :lol:

Edited by va 88 esir

no, it's just they don't want to build a properly working cooling system

My cooling system works fine. They call it hood tilt around here. I never heard of cali induction but I used it as a good cheap way to let heat escape from under the hood, not to draw air in. Kinda looks cool to me too, not for everyone though.

Wuz up guys? I just recently purchased an 89 Conquest. She runs and is in pretty good condition and need some TLC as well. Sometimes while I'm driving she'll stop giving the motor power and nothing happens when i pump the gas. Then out of no where as I'm slowing down she'll be able to rev again. She doesnt cut off, just loses power and wont let me give her gas. I'll floor the pedal and nothing, then out of no where she'll take fuel. Can anyone help me out with this one? I'm new to the site and can use as much info as possible. Thank you.

Wuz up guys? I just recently purchased an 89 Conquest. She runs and is in pretty good condition and need some TLC as well. Sometimes while I'm driving she'll stop giving the motor power and nothing happens when i pump the gas. Then out of no where as I'm slowing down she'll be able to rev again. She doesnt cut off, just loses power and wont let me give her gas. I'll floor the pedal and nothing, then out of no where she'll take fuel. Can anyone help me out with this one? I'm new to the site and can use as much info as possible. Thank you.

There are many things that could cause your problem and I'd have the car checked over by yourself or a mechanic because you just bought the car. You want to make sure that it is getting fuel,spark, air. SOME of the most common things to look for would be clogged fuel filter, check the fuel pump for proper operation(getting power and ground, putting out enough volume and pressure). Check the fuel injectors to insure that they are not clogged or leaking, and injector clips. Also check the mas air flow meter. just a couple of quick things off the top of my head. Repost your issue in the virtual mechanic section though and more people will chime in on this to help you out as well.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many things that could cause your problem and I'd have the car checked over by yourself or a mechanic because you just bought the car. You want to make sure that it is getting fuel,spark, air. SOME of the most common things to look for would be clogged fuel filter, check the fuel pump for proper operation(getting power and ground, putting out enough volume and pressure). Check the fuel injectors to insure that they are not clogged or leaking, and injector clips. Also check the mas air flow meter. just a couple of quick things off the top of my head. Repost your issue in the virtual mechanic section though and more people will chime in on this to help you out as well.

Thank you for the advice. First thing I'm doing next weekend is getting everything you mentioned checked. I appreciate your help. I can use as much advice as I can get. I'll post up on the virtual mechanic. Once again, thank you.