Dang windows 7

Is anyone running a serial to USB cable that works with windows 7? Mine wont connect to my laptop with windows 7. It will connect to another laptop with XP. I think its a problem with the drivers. I have an FIP controller.

HEY MAN WHATSUP?! (end freak out)

I take it you tried switching the different com ports on megatune or whatever its called?

Whats up!? Its been a while...

Im using tuner studio (latest version). I tried switching ports and everything but I didn't have any luck. it gives me about 20 different options for ports. I don't know what thats all about. I had it working good on a different laptop running XP but my laptop with Windows 7 wont connect. Im guessing its the drivers since thats what the problem was when I first tried to connect with the other laptop.

• 3 weeks later...

The cable I'm using is a 6ft Gigaware USB to Serial.

I think I used the same thing. Did you use the CD that came with it to install it? Did you change the port in megatune? that is what I had to do.

I use windows 7 also, I have no issues but I use megatune. At first I had some issues but it ended up being that I had the wrong baude rate or whatever its called and I had to get the driver and then it worked perfect. Not sure is the same goes for tuner studio