Call me a Quitter!

RicanStar

Ok! So yes title says it all. Working on these cars might seem simple for most of you on this forum but speaking for myself a person who has NO knowledge on working on any car yet alone a Starion i can very quickly turn bad things worse. So what I'm looking for is for someone to work and fix my Starion. Change vacuum lines, fix the hesitation stuff, full tune up etc...

I'm willing to pay for the shipping of the car anywhere and also pay for you labor. If you are interested or know of anyone who has the time to do this please let me know. You must have a good track record in fixing these cars. NO bullstinky!

I'm also not looking to pro long this or have it take months! Let's make this happen quick.

Thank you,

Julio

My car had every issue yours does and I have fixed everything. I'm in Pittsburgh PA and would be more than willing to help you out. It's completely up to you I can help and do the things it needs as long as you pay for the parts. My name is Dylan Siebert you can give me a call if interested just PM me and ill shoot you my number. Edited by Crazy Quest

If I were still running my shop full time I'd be happy to take care of this for you. I do understand how impossible it may seem working on the car, I felt the same way years ago with my first Starion but unless you can find a trustworthy, reliable, knowledgable and ressonable priced person to tackle what you need than to do I would be very hesitant to turn your car over to just anyone. In this economy and especially living where you do you stan a high risk of being ripped off. The best advice I can give you is to start learning and doing the work yourself. Just take it one small step at a time and use the massive amount of resources you have at your fingertips right here on this site. There are many many people on here who are willing to help you out. The few things you listed that need to be fixed are (Vacuum lines, tune up, hesitation problem) are in themselves very minor problerms that don't warrant you shipping your car across the country to get them done.

Vacuum lines - There are a few guys on here selling the silicone vacuum lines (on4now4 is one of them) hit him up, he might have some left over from his GP. All you need to do is remove one line, install the new line. Easy. You don't need to remove every line at once.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showuser=13454

Complete Tune up - You also don't need to be a mechanic to do this yourself. Plugs (BPR7ES), wires (NGK), cap/rotor (Advance Auto Parts Borg Warner Premium Series), oil (Amsoil 10/30 XL), oil filter (K&N), air filter (K&N) etc... Just take one thing off at a time and put the new thing in its place.

I tell everyone that services their trans to use the Redline MTL. I never lost a trans yet and it will shift a whole lot smoother. I don't run anything but Amsoil synthetic motor oil in my cars / truck / motorcycles and I swear by it. In your car I would run the 10/30 XL.

There really isn't a lot under that hood once you familiarize yourself with it. The hardest part is taking the first step, after that its just one more thing you know how to fix on your car.

If I were still running my shop full time I'd be happy to take care of this for you. I do understand how impossible it may seem working on the car, I felt the same way years ago with my first Starion but unless you can find a trustworthy, reliable, knowledgable and ressonable priced person to tackle what you need than to do I would be very hesitant to turn your car over to just anyone. In this economy and especially living where you do you stan a high risk of being ripped off. The best advice I can give you is to start learning and doing the work yourself. Just take it one small step at a time and use the massive amount of resources you have at your fingertips right here on this site. There are many many people on here who are willing to help you out. The few things you listed that need to be fixed are (Vacuum lines, tune up, hesitation problem) are in themselves very minor problerms that don't warrant you shipping your car across the country to get them done.

Vacuum lines - There are a few guys on here selling the silicone vacuum lines (on4now4 is one of them) hit him up, he might have some left over from his GP. All you need to do is remove one line, install the new line. Easy. You don't need to remove every line at once.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showuser=13454

Complete Tune up - You also don't need to be a mechanic to do this yourself. Plugs (BPR7ES), wires (NGK), cap/rotor (Advance Auto Parts Borg Warner Premium Series), oil (Amsoil 10/30 XL), oil filter (K&N), air filter (K&N) etc... Just take one thing off at a time and put the new thing in its place.

I tell everyone that services their trans to use the Redline MTL. I never lost a trans yet and it will shift a whole lot smoother. I don't run anything but Amsoil synthetic motor oil in my cars / truck / motorcycles and I swear by it. In your car I would run the 10/30 XL.

There really isn't a lot under that hood once you familiarize yourself with it. The hardest part is taking the first step, after that its just one more thing you know how to fix on your car.

Do this! And if it doesn't work I'm still willing to help you.

Ok! So yes title says it all. Working on these cars might seem simple for most of you on this forum but speaking for myself a person who has NO knowledge on working on any car yet alone a Starion i can very quickly turn bad things worse. So what I'm looking for is for someone to work and fix my Starion. Change vacuum lines, fix the hesitation stuff, full tune up etc...

I'm willing to pay for the shipping of the car anywhere and also pay for you labor. If you are interested or know of anyone who has the time to do this please let me know. You must have a good track record in fixing these cars. NO bullstinky!

I'm also not looking to pro long this or have it take months! Let's make this happen quick.

Thank you,

Julio

Believe me, I know your feeling. But I highly recomend you just start with one problem at a time and fix them with help from guys here.

You are not alone !!!!!!!! :wub:

I feel likewise alot of the times. :huh:

I am not a wrench and either is my son and we work on our 88 and it is slowly improving with the help of the forums!!!!

Please read the forums here and also on the Starquestindex forum they are a wealth of knowledge. ;) I have found that the members in these forums will help you with ANY problem you may encounter. They have come across just about anything you can think of with these cars. B) If you get a mechanic that is not familiar with these cars that that would definitely be the end of your Starion. :D

You are not alone !!!!!!!! :wub:

I feel likewise alot of the times. :huh:

I am not a wrench and either is my son and we work on our 88 and it is slowly improving with the help of the forums!!!!

Please read the forums here and also on the Starquestindex forum they are a wealth of knowledge. ;) I have found that the members in these forums will help you with ANY problem you may encounter. They have come across just about anything you can think of with these cars. B) If you get a mechanic that is not familiar with these cars that that would definitely be the end of your Starion. :D

Even if they (we) give you a hard time because of it. :lol: The people on this forum are ALWAYS willing to give you advice ad a hand, so long as you're willing to take the advice.