• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal Rob....now get that radiator and piping stuffed in there!......

I met Rob this weekend...and there was nothing i could add to the technical discussions....over my head!....he is a man on a mission....

eric

thx eric

im master ase certified and been working on cars for a long time and love the challenges

youll have to stop by and have a beer again

ill be out there tonight going at it again

thx eric

im master ase certified and been working on cars for a long time and love the challenges

youll have to stop by and have a beer again

ill be out there tonight going at it again

ASE Master? Mad respect, Rob! :)

Edited by 87Blue

ok so i was able to crank and run the car in the driveway for about an hour tonight the longer it sat and ran the better it idled

here is a video real blurry for some reason but it sounds good

i have a bad exhaust leak at the down pipe i guess ill have to send the car over to have an exhaust system made for it might do that tomorrow or wed

http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/hoskinsr/?action=view&current=VIDEO0002.mp4

if you guys look hard enough threw my album youll find a video of my evo on the dyno the pull that i videoed of the evo there made about 450 wheel

Edited by RobH

Eric i was going to call you but when i looked at the clock it was 9:45 didnt know how late you would be up

just tracked my last parts radiator due in wed tial bov due in thur bov pipe thur and new map sensor from diy thur

so once again i think ill have the car towed over and have a new exhaust 3" ehaust made for it and towed back home

to put the rest of the parts on (try to get this done fri night)

should be off to the tuner tues or weds

Rob, im on 24 hour call at work for next 2 weeks, so sleep is at a premium need....you can call till 9:30 or so most nights, no big deal at my house...

definately gonna swing by this week.....i'll check with you on your schedule....

eric

Edited by quest4me2

i did an auto tune the one you sent me would not work

said the firmware versions were not the same

i just got it started and let the auto tune go to work to get the idle down

i now have most everything done

just waitinig on the last couple of parts and its off to the tuner

so i got the radiator in today

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/hoskinsr/IMAG0011-1.jpg

however im not sure yet what happened

I had the car sitting there idleing to get it up to temp and noticed from the exhaust leak i have at the turbo the it started spitting oil out

so now i have to figure out what is going on

is it the oil return not flowing good enough? (i hope this is all it is)

is it turbo seals? i hope not its brand new

is it just that the oil is so diluted with fuel from running so rich (could be the oil doesnt have 1 mile on it LOL but it does have prob 2 hours of idle time running quite rich) ill also check this in the morning

i guess ill have to pull the plugs in it in the morning and seel what they look like

this turbo has as much time on it as the oil about 2 hours

the engine has about 2200 miles on it

I would still just check the turbo man. Just to be safe. Pretty easy to check.

Rob, i didnt want to hear this kinda news.......you are so close.....my original 12a fail the same way...oil out exhaust...not sure what it was, just replaced with 14g due to vanes rubbing housing....

eric

ok i found that is is leaking oil out the rear and front of the turbo if i pull the drain line off it stops so i am going to increase the size of the drain line and see how it does

i was mis informed on the tube on the oil pan on the passenger side this is where i ran my oil drain

i was now told froma dif source i can not run it there that i need to weld a bung in and run it off that

so i will be pulling the pan tonight and getting this done

ok car is back together once again

after pulling the oil pan off the tube on the right side of the oil pan goes all the way to the bottom right next to the drain plug on the inside of the pan

its no wonder the darn turbo couldnt drain

exhaust is once again back on the car and hopfully sealed this time

i will put oil back in the car in the morning when i get to work

the rest of my parts all showed up today and will get installed sometime tomorrow

then i will start it up and make sure the oil clears up and the turbo stops leaking