2JZ Swap for the Old Guy

AzStar

Well... some more slow progress.

Got the driveshaft and spacer from Driftmotion.

I needed to have some machining done on this end to match the driveshaft flange to the input flange for the rear end. So I pulled off the extension shaft/housing, cleaned and painted it, and have it out to the machine shop.

Also the spacer center hole wasn't large enough to work on the output flange of the transmission. Again, getting that machined now as well.

Should have all the part back by this weekend and will take some pictures. If all goes well I will have the engine and rear end all tied together.

Then it is time to tackle that damned wiring maze! UGH

the wires are what im afraid to tackle lol. I know the alt has to snake around to our side, and I asked on my post what wires do we keep aside from the starer coolant gauge batt cable... I dont look forward to the wires lol not at all. but first i have to retro fit hoses and such lol

Slow progress but progress none the less.

Took the drive shaft to a machine shop so they could drill the rear end extension shaft to match. Only downside is they separated the driveshaft at the slip joint to do their work and gave me the drive shaft back in two parts. Not that slipping it back together is any problem, however, I am wondering, since they didn't index the shaft, if the balance is now off. More to follow on that.

Got the extension shaft housing and the driveshaft into the car. Forgot to take pictures of the shaft and the setup underneath. (sigh) I'll be back under there in the near term anyway so I will get some pictures. But it all went in nicely with no interference. Looks like I might be able to easily fab up the factory shift linkage as well. (fingers crossed)

Decided to put the Cobra Rs on it. 17x9 with a 24mm offset. I am using a 25mm spacer all around. Thinking I can get by with a 20mm spacer in the front. The front rims set out just a little more than I would like and I have room inside. Looking for a source for the 20mm spacer.

Here is a pic I snapped after the work today.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd268/Soup756/MemorialDay11001.jpg