old mans old wheels

old man

I live in north central ohio and was trying to find info on getting my TSI wheels refurbished. If there is some company that one of you guys have had good experience with that could possibly restore these pitted wheels to original condition ,would you let me know The painted clear coat is still good just aluminum is bad. Can they be redone? Or do I have to find replacements. thanks in advance.Old man

They can be restored Old man , ive had a few sets done over the years to as new condition , the best i personally found is Performance tire in Long beach C.a followed by the Shine shop here in Las vegas.

The quality of aluminum the Starion wheels are made of is extremely good making resto easy from what Performance tire told me , i'm sure if you ask around a more local company to you in Ohio could be found to carry out the resto work. :)

Edited by SOTTY

Or, if you want to do it yourself, I have a chapter on wheel polishing in my 21 chapter online body/paint/detailing manual. It tells you all the various steps to repairing and polishing wheels no matter what the condidtion, budget, or amount of work you want to do. It also tells you what tools you'll need, the various sandpapers needed and how to use them....

Chapter 16- wheel polishing

You'll have to join the site to see it, but I'd say it's worth it just for the online manual, but there's also a chat room, virtual garage, and download section. We also try to have some contests and give-aways from time to time.

Edited by Burton

Or, if you want to do it yourself, I have a chapter on wheel polishing in my 21 chapter online body/paint/detailing manual. It tells you all the various steps to repairing and polishing wheels no matter what the condidtion, budget, or amount of work you want to do. It also tells you what tools you'll need, the various sandpapers needed and how to use them....

Chapter 16- wheel polishing

You'll have to join the site to see it, but I'd say it's worth it just for the online manual, but there's also a chat room, virtual garage, and download section. We also try to have some contests and give-aways from time to time.

damn, i didnt know there was a write up on that, i thank you