Mazda / Hitachi HT18S-2S turbo

techboy

So, when I bought my Quest back in August it had a turbo on it that was leaking at the exhaust manifold, it was only oil cooled (not water) and it would not boost at all, mostly due to the leak I presume. Anyway, to make a long story short I replaced it with an OEM 12a and I've had this thing sitting in my basement ever since. So, today, slightly bored I decided to type the markings into Google and it turns out it's a Hitachi HT18S-S2 turbo. Seems like they were mostly used on Mazda RX-7's. I found this brief article http://grandmighty.com/hosted/finishline/index.php/2010/09/hitachi-turbo-ht18s-2s/

So, anybody know anything about these things and what I'm sitting on? Honestly, I'm not really interested in keeping it, I've got too many turbos sitting in my basement as it is. I looked it up on eBay and didn't find a one F/S. Any suggestions on what I should sell for?

Sorry, I know this isn't a direct Quest question, just figured there had to be someone on here who has some experience with them. Thanks.

so this turbo was bolted to the stock manifold?

No, not at all. Like I said, I was making a long story short. It was bolted onto the manifold w/ an adapter plate and even then it didn't bolt up very well, hence the leak.