Header on Ebay

gooch

I looked right past that. Found a guy localy that can build me one but he quoted around $800 bux.

My stocker is cracked, had it welded but looking for a header to replace it and some extra pony's would be nice.

p.s. has anyone noticed the filtering is beeing a bit more lienyiant? like a few weeks ago you would type in hell and it would change to heck.

lets try this...... f***

well damn

Edited by starquestG54B

I looked right past that. Found a guy localy that can build me one but he quoted around $800 bux.

My stocker is cracked, had it welded but looking for a header to replace it and some extra pony's would be nice.

Ouch! Talk to S.M.B. He makes wicked headers with an awesome price tag. The quality of his work is top notch man,

Header options

I bought one from him, He builds them on a per order basis meaning he'll custom build it how you want it. None of the e-bay assembly line junk.

Ouch! Talk to S.M.B. He makes wicked headers with an awesome price tag. The quality of his work is top notch man,

Header options

I bought one from him, He builds them on a per order basis meaning he'll custom build it how you want it. None of the e-bay assembly line junk.

TRUE STORY

hmmm, 100$ isnt bad, you cant buy the materials for that price. i may have to pick one up and mod it a hair for myself. and even if it cracks, thats not too big of a loss.

NO not to big of a loss. Just reinforce it and beef up the welds. If mine cracks again soon, might give it a try, until I can con the wife out of $500 bux for one.

Edited by gooch

^^^What he said^^^

those headers crack and fall apart at the welds as well as away from them. That SS is just to thin and brittle for that kinda heat. Save your $ and get a new exhaust mani from Dad or try out one of SMBs pieces or if your gonna go the t3 t4 route, there is always treadstone. Anything you get will eventually crack, but I have my new mani ceramic coated inside and out to try and save it for awhile.

BC_99

i dont know how they do it...it costs me $170 per header in materials and thats in good quality mild...they are advertising stainless. must be china produced...well more power to them i cant even touch that lol.

china has indonesia do the labor lol even cheaper. If it costs the US $50 to have china make it... It costs China $5 to have it made some where else for them. Thats just my theory though. I did stumble across this while doing research on where this stuff was coming from and what materials they were using.

THE ROOT OF EBAY EXHAUST PARTS

Apparently This place is the leading supplier for the E-Bay Wholesale market for the so-called "ebay exhaust parts"

It's not the welds that fail, it's cause the material is too thin and gets "cooked" to death. You can't fix that with more welding and braces.

X2 its the metal , weld it up all you want this header will continue to fail , total false economy , buy S.M.B's bullit proof header and be done with it, i did :)

well im still running this exact header!!!!!

has a small leak in it...just needs to be rewelded...

I can only surmise that the laws of thermodynamics have ceased to exist on your starquest. :) :)

101 Chinese Auto Parts. Sold As Is. 100% Markup on S&H. = Confidence.

Edited by Jody1

I think there are some pics, illustrating the 101 Propose, MK1, quality that Chad was talking about over on 2.6 liter. Mad Dax, or Laodicea, had posted them, if memory serves.

Edited by Jody1

I am disapointed to see Jody 1's earlier posts deleted from this thread , i know the guy isn't exactly popular with some of you peeps but i agree with him 100% over this issue over this Mookie header item , whether its being sold for $300 or $75 it does not change the fact its no more than a good looking boat anchor that will fail very quickly.

Mookie has brought this community some damn good products in the past but to continually try and off load this known faulty header upon unsuspecting owners is not good business practice, the correct way to go about offloading the remaining Mookie headers would be into the nearest dumpster. :)

Yeah Scotty, and that is probably partly my fault. So for that I appologize to the forum members and the mods (Jimmy) for having to clean it up. I just am fed up with that guy still beating that dead horse. I sincerely hope I never cross paths with him. I agree with you scotty about the header, its garbage and we all know it. Perhaps something to this effect should be stickied in the FAQ's, about this header and its known faults for new SQers. Then maybe it wont pop up so often and Jody wont have a reason to hop back up on his soapbox and bash a quality vendor. Every company that has ever manufactered any quantity of parts has had failures. MK1 shouldnt be held to any higher standard. I agree they shouldnt be selling them knowing they fail so quickly, but we cant do anything about that, lets not cut our noses off to spite our faces. Mk1 made a bad part, but they have done so much more for our community that I think we should just warn off new SQers about THAT 1 part and enjoy the other offerings they have for us. Just my thoughts,

BC_99

but to continually try and off load this known faulty header upon unsuspecting owners is not good business practice, the correct way to go about offloading the remaining Mookie headers would be into the nearest dumpster. :)

Indeed.

Continually Fraudulent.

It seems self evident. If you support MK1, 101 Propose, you are supporting a Continually Fraudulent endeavor, at the expense of unknowing, and/or, new starquest owners.

You dont know when to quit, try to post something positive for this community for a change. The only time you post is when you want something or to bash a good vendor with 1 bad part. Grow up, and God help you if we ever meet.

BC_99