Bought a space car

SQF

So, the head gasket definitely went on the wife's van. Last week I thought I had the heating problem licked and this week it had what I would consider a catastrophic failure. It overheated three times in three days exploding coolant out of the reservoir. So I dumped a can of head gasket fix in it, filled it up and it held together without overheating long enough for it to be worth $3,000 as a trade.

We are the proud new owners of a 2008 Grand Caravan spacecar with in dash navigation, rear backup camera, satellite radio, heated seats front and rear, power doors all around, built in inverter, every option besides rear seat dvd (has dash DVD which I have to find out how to enable since it is disabled because of New York state). Basically top of the line wait till all these things break.... It was a great experience. I walked in and said "I will pay you this much for this car". That was at 4:30. After the wife drove it, I filled out the paperwork, we took the old van home, cleaned it out, I returned to the dealer at 6 and picked up the new car. No haggling, no bicker I got it for $15,800. It's got the 4.0 motor and 20k miles on it. It's orange. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a camera. Waiting for the store card to come back from sending in the camera a dropped down the great wall of china, glad I bought that warranty!

Sounds like a good daily for the wife with all sorts of neat gadgets. We got my wife a '04 PT Cruiser this last spring and i'm still amazed about the temp/compass, lol, i don't think i could deal with to much more technology but it is cool.

Definitely good for the wife. With a family of seven there were few options out there for us in our price range. I am amazed that there are so few options out there for minivans anymore. I couldn't afford a full size SUV like a Tahoe because here, $15k gets you a 2003 with 80k miles. I guess we are a 100% Mopar family now.. I still love my RAM 1500 Quad cab.

averse, Orange is sweet. We actually bought it because of the orange, we learned of 40% of the options after we got it home and played with it. We both drove it a few times around and about before we noticed the backup camera because we were looking in our mirrors and not at the dash or rear window where the collision LED's are. We are super happy with it. We bought the Venture with very few features for more than we got this and it is a stupid space car that locks you in....