pistons...

billmongold

I blew up a hyper U motor from driving without a tune, but the pistons had been fine for many miles on the stock FI setup, and as much as 20psi from the stock turbo. I think they are fine pistons for mid-range power builds. Like everyone said, just a good tune is all it needs.

And my forged pistons don't slap around. Maybe you need thicker oil?

pistons are stock bearings were clevite 77's with like 3k on them. the cylinders dont look or feel messed up (no gouges) it was just no. 3. piston that broke.the crank is hardened and does need to be reground. the 2 rods are getting dealt with. im looking into getting a locked up short block and seeing whats salvageable.

pistons are stock bearings were clevite 77's with like 3k on them. the cylinders dont look or feel messed up (no gouges) it was just no. 3. piston that broke.the crank is hardened and does need to be reground. the 2 rods are getting dealt with. im looking into getting a locked up short block and seeing whats salvageable.

Just a word of advice. After you get it all back together...BUY A WIDEBAND!!!! So you can see your Air/Fuel ratios.I have boosted my TDO5H17C to 20 psi. But doing it without a Wideband is just asking for trouble.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308