Auburn vs Oregon

nomad

You heard it here first.

War Eagle!

Silly Auburn and their multiple mascots. SO, wich is it a tiger or eagle? Only in alabama. What the F is War Eagle anyhow?

Edited by 83TechMaster

I don't think they realize that Newton is bigger than all but one of their defensive players.

Auburn beat 5 teams that were in the top 20 at the time they played (#12, #12, #6, #11, and #19).

Oregon only beat 3 ranked teams (#5, #24, #21).

The record for Auburn's opponents was 83-62. (AU played South Carolina twice and beat them twice, because the SEC has a champ game, unlike the PAC10)

The record for Oregon's opponents was 63-81.

Oregon average yardage: Rush= 303.5, Pass= 233.7

Auburn average yardage: Rush= 287.2, Pass= 210.5

Yes, Oregon has higher yardage averages, but that holds less weight when you take into account the Win/loss ratio of their opponents.

Cam Newton is a thug and doesn’t even deserve to be playing college football he got tossed out of Florida for a reason and was paid to go to auburn. My guess is even if auburn wins they will have to vacate this title in a few years when all the info comes out.

Cam Newton is a thug and doesn?t even deserve to be playing college football he got tossed out of Florida for a reason and was paid to go to auburn. My guess is even if auburn wins they will have to vacate this title in a few years when all the info comes out.

What in the world makes him a thug? There is nothing being said that makes him seem like a thug. There was a thing at Florida with him purchasing a used laptop that turned out to be stolen and trying to hide it. But that is a mistake any 18 or 19 year old might make.

As far as NCAA violations go, soliciting money is not against the rules. It is they taking of money that is against the rules. Its hard for most people to realize that there is a LEGAL difference between the two. Even the FBI hasn't found where they received any money for Newton. I don't think Cam's Dad is smart enough to elude the FBI.

Doesn't matter which team wins, it won't be the actual "National Champion" until there is a playoff. College football is lame when it comes to this. BCS can choke on one.

There will never be a playoff system in NCAA football. Most teams already play a 13 game season and there are way too many teams in the FBS for a playoff system. They would be playing football for 6 months, and that would just be for the playoffs. The only thing wrong with the BCS is the computer polls. The computer only takes into account the paper stats at the end of the game. This exact reason is why Boise State and TCU were 3 and 4. I could start up a college team with all of my neighbors and go play highschool teams all day, go undefeated for 2 years and get into the top 5. But only for the simple fact that on paper we dominated all of those teams regardless of who they are. If the BCS would actually take out the computer polls or if the computer polls would actually take into account the strength of the team that plays against a top 25 team, then it might be fair.

There will never be a playoff system in NCAA football. Most teams already play a 13 game season and there are way too many teams in the FBS for a playoff system. They would be playing football for 6 months, and that would just be for the playoffs. The only thing wrong with the BCS is the computer polls. The computer only takes into account the paper stats at the end of the game. This exact reason is why Boise State and TCU were 3 and 4. I could start up a college team with all of my neighbors and go play highschool teams all day, go undefeated for 2 years and get into the top 5. But only for the simple fact that on paper we dominated all of those teams regardless of who they are. If the BCS would actually take out the computer polls or if the computer polls would actually take into account the strength of the team that plays against a top 25 team, then it might be fair.

To that argument, I'd say that the top tiered teams will NEVER schedule smaller schools, so how are the smaller schools supposed to strengthen their schedules? They're in a no-win situation and it's a joke. You are supposed to win all your games on your schedule, and when you do you STILL don't get a shot at the title. It's completely unfair and it's wrong.

If they were to cap every teams games at 12, then have a 12 team playoff. Top 4 seeds get a first round bye, then the rest of them play. It wouldn't take any longer considering some teams wait 2 friggin' months to play in between their last game and a bowl game. If this system is so great, why don't we change every other major sport? Top two teams at the end of the year get to play for the title, and the others go to the "Lever 2000 Toilet Brush Bowl."

What in the world makes him a thug? There is nothing being said that makes him seem like a thug. There was a thing at Florida with him purchasing a used laptop that turned out to be stolen and trying to hide it. But that is a mistake any 18 or 19 year old might make.

As far as NCAA violations go, soliciting money is not against the rules. It is they taking of money that is against the rules. Its hard for most people to realize that there is a LEGAL difference between the two. Even the FBI hasn't found where they received any money for Newton. I don't think Cam's Dad is smart enough to elude the FBI.

Reggie Bush's parent's accepted gifts and they stripped his heisman... how come Cam can play if his Dad took bribes? That doesn't seem fair to me either. The NCAA needs to wake up and smell the hypocrisy.

Reggie Bush's parent's accepted gifts and they stripped his heisman... how come Cam can play if his Dad took bribes? That doesn't seem fair to me either. The NCAA needs to wake up and smell the hypocrisy.

It was proven that the Bush's accepted gifts. There is no proof that the Newton's have taken anything. Do you see the difference?

If it is proven that the Newton's actually received money, then of course, Auburn will have to Forfiet the entire season plus some

I'll repeat what I said earlier:

Solicitation of funds is not a NCAA violation, no matter how bad it looks

That's why there are different divisions in the NCAA AJ. I'm not tryin to step on your toes or upset you man, just sayin. But once a school (like TCU has decided starting the 2012 season) decides to be a part of the BCS and take on a BCS schedule, then I have no problem with any school playing for the national title.

I'm not saying that the BCS is all high and mighty, just the simple fact that they pretty much do all they can do to make things as far as they possibly can for the most part. Not saying that most of the choices they make are fair, but I can't disagree with the way they work things.

• 1 month later...

Almost game time! I'm super excited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWCXzyLp0Ds

That's right! All we do is Win, Win, win!

It was closer than I thought it would be. Congratulations to Oregon for a great season and a formitable opponent.

Oregon is the real deal.

That was one of the best games I've seen and I think that Auburn was the better team. They dominated the line of scrimmage.

I was surprised by how wussie the announcers were. I would have liked to have seen what happened in the early personal foul other than a quick glimpse of the guy looking like he was kicking him in the face. The players face was really messed up and, if that was the case, the Auburn player should have been ejected.

I would also have liked a better explanation as to why that wasn't an interception. The Oregon player caught the ball and had possession before he went out of bounds.

That last big Auburn running play was just bizarre. He was tied up, brought down, flipped over but was still able to continue running.

It was the right call but it just seemed wrong.

All in all, I think the best team did win but we proved that we belonged there and we will have most of the team back for another run next year.