Tranny vent line

twalls

To make a long story short I have had my tranny out and back in several time over the last few weeks. Was having troubles with the OD working after having done an engine swap. Rebuilt tranny, OD would not work, foud a couple minor errors, reassembled and reinstalled tranny. Upon reinstalliation I can not figure out where the vent line that come off the top of the transmission goes. It is roughly a 1/4 to 3/8 rubber line that is about 2 1/2' long, just long enough to make it up to the fire wall by the transmission dip stick. Could this line have anything to do with the OD now working? Help!

Thanks in advance,

No that's not a vent tube, that's the vacuum/boost reference hose for the modulator. The modulator for a non turbo tranny is different but it still uses that reference hose only for its vacuum reference. Drive without that and you'll burn that tranny up. That is how the line pressure is changed in regards to load. Best thing you can do for that tranny is remove that pissy stock cooler and put a big one in front of your intercooler, like 12x24 just entend the hoses there's little pressure there and they sell tranny cooler hose at auto parts stores. Heat is what burns those up and usually that little stock cooler is full of crap and mashed all to hell and the airdam missing so is the lower air guide under the airdam so the air flowing to it sucks.