HEEELLLLPPP!!!! is there a reputable machine shop anywhere in ArizonA

jetmech

well this is my first post so bear with me. i recently bought my dream starion and decide to rebuild the engine. long story short took the block to a machine shop call prestige auto machine in phoenix. to have it prep bore and resurface the block. after like 3 weeks of havent heard from them decide to call them to pick up the block. for my surprise they bore the block and half tails the cleaning but didnt even bother to resurface the deck. follow up by the grinding the crankshaft which they omnly grinded the journals didnt even bother to take some of the rust off the balancing weights. after i gave them all my parts in specific baggies with the the description of EACH BOLT AND PART they just threw everything together like if they were gonna throw it in the trash. They press my pistons out and lost two of rod pins and also the crankshaft pulley's bolt. jesus!!!!

is there any respectable performance machine shop in arizona. keep in mind this was the least crappy of the machine i visit.

since i been researching lots of machine shops in az and some of the machinist dont seem to trustworthy to leave my baby to them

HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this will help...I just had a ton of machine work done by David at Automotive Machine of Scottsdale. He was very helpful, he didn't hesitate to call me if he ran into an issue that he needed my input on before he would continue, and he got the work banged out in a couple of weeks. He was pretty familiar with the engine, although he admitted that he hadn't seen one come in to his shop for a couple of years. I'm pretty new to this stuff, so I had him assemble the bottom end (it increased my cost, but I have some peace of mind about it)...I did mention the little tips and tricks that Dad has in his engine build thread, and David was receptive to the info. His shop is located just off of Thomas and Scottsdale. PM me if you want his contact info.

Its a good thing to ask around first and major props to those guys above for pointing you in the right direction.

Ive seen my fair share of crap machine work on 2.6's , two of recent note in the past months , one with 30 over pistons that the block wasn't bored big enough to accept them but they crammed them in there anyway resulting in 4 expensive forged pistons now being used as ashtrays and another block that was decked to far resulting in blown head gaskets and such a run off the daylight seen using a straight edge would blind you , and as DAD says , leave the timing cover on , this machine shop obviously didn't ! :lol:

Edited by scottygibb