what are these for?

19cturbo

in the back left corner by the wiper motor.. they are like little solenoids that plug in, what are they? what do they go to? can i remove them?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs919.snc4/73271_1493230739829_1505850213_31216977_5630033_n.jpg

thanks mike.

If you follow the vac hose from them they eventually end at, what I can only describe, as either an air compressor or a vacuum thingy... Ive personally removed them both since they are part of the actuation of the cruise control setup.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/RX-7-88/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo10151610.jpg

Though I have to say, you're strap for the Optima is very nice.

If you follow the diagram the vac pump is only for the cruise control. When plumbed correctly there is a check valve that isolates the entire cruise system. The vac pump should not be connected to the canister. The white connectors are check valves. One to isolate the AC and one to isolate the cruise.

i have all of that stuff off of mine. the vents do seem to always blow a little bit of air at whatever you have it on, cool or hot.

did you leave the black canister? the one beside the power steering resivor? or did you remove it too..

I think it a decent trade off really. Lose more junk under the hood, and just set the vents to something on the warmish side. The air doesnt really go through all the venting, just whatever you have the controls set to. In my car I generally leave the vents to the floor open and the temp on 90 and the fan off, this way when the windows are down and im out and about in sandals my feet dont get cold as the hot air gently blows.

did you leave the black canister? the one beside the power steering resivor? or did you remove it too..

The canister is a vac resivour for the HVAC controls. If you remove it you may have HVAC control issues when boosting.

The canister is a vac resivour for the HVAC controls. If you remove it you may have HVAC control issues when boosting.

yes i know.. the vents always have a slight flow anyway.. ill leace the canister.. thanks for your help..