BURN 2 MUCH MOTOR OIL

JayR_NYC

Synthenic 10w 40 is being used in my ride...its only been a month and the oil was very low...oil pressure gauge was not moving...wat is causing my engine 2 burn up so much oil with-in a month period?????...turbo is a s16g on 8pounds of boost...

P.S 2day i used mobil 1 15w 50 2quarts of that...and 1 quart of Synthenis blend of Castrol 20w 50

Edited by JayR_NYC

You have the strangest fixes for this car. Mix and match oil, Mix and match clutches. Why are you trying to make this so hard? Where's you oil separator is it on the car and did that head have NEW valve seals that you just put on? Is your PCV valve an OEM one and you are 100% POSITIVE it is? That means did you go to the dealer and get one an replace what ever the hell was on it from before so you are certain? A non OEM PCV valve on this car and it will smoke all day and burn oil always. Burning oil in the combustion chamber just leaves carbon deposits and makes your air fuel ratio lower you might as well put in the lowest octane fuel you can find.

You have the strangest fixes for this car. Mix and match oil, Mix and match clutches. Why are you trying to make this so hard? Where's you oil separator is it on the car and did that head have NEW valve seals that you just put on? Is your PCV valve an OEM one and you are 100% POSITIVE it is? That means did you go to the dealer and get one an replace what ever the hell was on it from before so you are certain? A non OEM PCV valve on this car and it will smoke all day and burn oil always. Burning oil in the combustion chamber just leaves carbon deposits and makes your air fuel ratio lower you might as well put in the lowest octane fuel you can find.

PCV VALVE NOT SURE...never was replaced...87 octane gas is wat i put and always with Lucas injector cleaner...mix match oil i was told doesnt matter...Synthenic oil is very expensive...$8.49 a quart...so i put 2 fully Synthenic and 1 Synthenic Blend...NO valve seals was put in...

PCV VALVE NOT SURE...never was replaced...87 octane gas is wat i put and always with Lucas injector cleaner...mix match oil i was told doesnt matter...Synthenic oil is very expensive...$8.49 a quart...so i put 2 fully Synthenic and 1 Synthenic Blend...NO valve seals was put in...

is that just NY? mobil1 syn here is 5.99 a qt, walmart sells 5 qt jugs for 23 dollars

If you don't want to spend the money on synthetic, then just simply use conventional motor oil, a 10w40 or 20w50.

When I said "oil leak" I meant it very general, could be from oil seperator like Indi pointed out, could be a leaky front crank seal, valve cover gasket, turbo oil return etc.

Start with those simple things, it's not hard at all to visually check for leaks. If the engine bay is filthy, buy a couple of bottles of degreasers and get to cleaning that thing. That will make it easier to check for leaks.

You say it's not chugging smoke? That oil is going somewhere. It's really not hard at all to check these things.

you run 87 octane? I sure as hell hope that motor doesn't see boost then.

wat u talking bout doesnt see boost...gas doesnt have anything 2 do with turbo boost...my turbo starts it boost at 2k...

If you don't want to spend the money on synthetic, then just simply use conventional motor oil, a 10w40 or 20w50.

When I said "oil leak" I meant it very general, could be from oil seperator like Indi pointed out, could be a leaky front crank seal, valve cover gasket, turbo oil return etc.

Start with those simple things, it's not hard at all to visually check for leaks. If the engine bay is filthy, buy a couple of bottles of degreasers and get to cleaning that thing. That will make it easier to check for leaks.

You say it's not chugging smoke? That oil is going somewhere. It's really not hard at all to check these things.

where is the oil seperator located?????....

you run 87 octane? I sure as hell hope that motor doesn't see boost then.

wat u talking bout doesnt see boost...gas doesnt have anything 2 do with turbo boost...my turbo starts it boost at 2k...

Boost requires higher octane. If you run boost any higher than 11psi, you should be running higher octane. My car is at 7.5psi and it has stickers on it that say 92 octane is required.

Boost requires higher octane. If you run boost any higher than 11psi, you should be running higher octane. My car is at 7.5psi and it has stickers on it that say 92 octane is required.

my boost is 7-8 pounds...so ur telling me...cuz im running on low octane gas its burn more oil???????

87 octane gas is wat i use

my boost is 7-8 pounds...so ur telling me...cuz im running on low octane gas its burn more oil???????

no...not yet. But, itll be using a whole lot more oil when its dumping out the hole you just put through the side of your block since the engine detonated due to the use of low octane gas.

You have a turbo car that says run premium, so...run premium.

The only time I would ever run regular in one is just to limp to the gas station to get some premium. I would make sure it never saw boost.

So...just trying to help you avoid windowing the block or some other catastrophic failure that would result from detonation. The stock knock control system was meant to make up for the occasional pinging you get with premium fuel. Never was it meant to turn the timing back enough to run lower octanes. Let alone 87...89 would be so-so if you took it easy, but 87...no.

If you want to be cheap and save a few pennies on gas, go buy a hybrid or a honda. As I said, you have a turbo car...put the recommended gas in it or you'll be paying thousands later on for those two dimes your saving now.

your engine may already be beat to death, do a comp test AND a leak down test , high boost on low octane fuel can cause broken rings and broken piston

lands

few months ago i tore down an engine with less then 10k on it or so i was told,, every ring on every cyl was broken sept for oil rings and ALL pistons had broken ring lands , cause'd by detoniation

your engine may already be beat to death, do a comp test AND a leak down test , high boost on low octane fuel can cause broken rings and broken piston

lands

few months ago i tore down an engine with less then 10k on it or so i was told,, every ring on every cyl was broken sept for oil rings and ALL pistons had broken ring lands , cause'd by detoniation

MAYBE SO...but i been only driving my Starion for only 4months...i put thicker oil to see the results...that maybe the turbo is swallowing the oil...lol...plus it wasnt doing the oil thing until i changed the head...it might just be the valve seals...i have a friend with COnquest that its happening the same thing

Plain walmart brand 10w30 is fine but you need to run premium fuel. If that's an 87 you can run that cheap fuel and if its a stock unmodded 8/89 you can to since the knock sensor will tell the ignitor and that will tell the ECU to open that solenoid valve on the air can and lower the boost to use the inner most chamber on the 3 port wastegate so that lowers the boost to save the motor. low boost and low octance fuel go together but not high boost without high octance fuel. Don't waste money on synthetic oil in an old motor. It might just be the valve cover leaking. You have drips or a puddle or is it just gone?

MAYBE SO...but i been only driving my Starion for only 4months...i put thicker oil to see the results...that maybe the turbo is swallowing the oil...lol...plus it wasnt doing the oil thing until i changed the head...it might just be the valve seals...i have a friend with COnquest that its happening the same thing

did it start after changing the head? if so that could be the cause, and not valve seals. could be the jet valves, could be a uneven block where oil is leaking into the cylinder

if you pull your exhaust mani off and look in cylinder holes, if one is shiny, that one is burning oil, atleast on non-turbo cars

Don't waste money on synthetic oil in an old motor. It might just be the valve cover leaking

I agree with this statement. I wouldnt think about running synthetic oil until I fully rebuilt the motor.

Synthetic will leak through areas that regular oil wouldnt leak through. You could very well stop an oil leak by just using regular oil. If you completely rebuilt the entire motor and you know for a fact that every gasket is good and installed properly, then yes, consider synthetic. Ive been driving my /Quest for the past 2 years, and I do not want to think about the mess Id have to clean up if I started running synthetic.