2g mas?

so i jsut read that the 1g dsm guys run a bit lean on the 2g mas, and its basicly a straight swap with theirs, it crossed my mind that we run a bit rich on the 1g mas. so would the 2g be better? do you think it flows to much to run plug and play like most do with the 1g? use a safc or something and it seems like it would work pretty well dont you think?

You would need an afc. I was adding 10-20% more fuel with a neo afc when i ran a 2g mas with stock injectors. On a 1g dsm a 2g mas is typicaly paired with bigger injectors and than tuned with a afc or the popular dsm link.

A 2g mas outputs 20-25% less hz (air flow signal) per a given amount of air (leaner signal)than the 1g mas. 550 dsm injectors flow about 23% more fuel than the stock 450 cc injectors. So the dsm engine get roughly the correct amount of fuel and timing is not effected.

It is big and ugly, fitment is tight.

A good read. http://sqperformance.forumcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=108 Our cars desperately need a baffle in the popular air hard pipes when a mitu mas is used. The one i made is a help, but i think a better one would work even better.

Baffle in the maf pipe has nothing to due with maf readings. seemms like you had other things going on that would give you screwed up readings.

I have data logs that show other wise. I am told the evo guys had problems when they put J shape intake pipes on them. They found an s shaped ahp worked better.