Headlights go up and down, but don't turn on

Gyvven

The lights were working fine then one day they decided to take their time turning on, and then the next day decided they weren't coming on at all. They pop up and down just fine, but they won't turn on. Is this a contact issue in the switch? Or is there a switch up by the lights that completes a circuit once the lights are up?

Did they change the fusible link box for the 89? I don't seem to have the sub-fusible link box and the one I do have has a plug that says "Tail" in the second position looking front to back.

Did they change the fusible link box for the 89? I don't seem to have the sub-fusible link box and the one I do have has a plug that says "Tail" in the second position looking front to back.

Yes 87 relay box's aren't the same as 88-89's. Matter a fact if you stick a 88-89 relay box into a 87 you will have the same problem your having.

• 2 weeks later...
The same thing happened to me, first check all your fuseable links, passing light relay, then your switches, my problem was my high beam switch in the steering column, mine gad build up in it, its a stretch but try clicking it fast about thirty or so times, it worked for me. but eventually replace it if this fixes the problem.

The same thing happened to me, first check all your fuseable links, passing light relay, then your switches, my problem was my high beam switch in the steering column, mine gad build up in it, its a stretch but try clicking it fast about thirty or so times, it worked for me. but eventually replace it if this fixes the problem.

Before clicking the switch multiple times, spray some contact kleener in..

NOT WD40..

The switch will help to burnish some of its internal contacts..

Just my $0.02... ;)