12A death. . .

Finally discovered why my turbo was whining, the coupler from the intake got partially sucked into my turbine (that's why you need to make sure everything is tightened!) and tweaked the 12a's fins. So now is the time to upgrade been seeing a lot about the 1g eclipse/talon turbo swap and the evo3 swap but I'm wondering how much work is involved and if its worth the time, I just bought my Starion maybe about two months ago so I'm still learning about it. Any information on pricing or your opinion(s) would be great. Thanks.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have have pictures of the install process. ? Or anyone else who has performed this swap I'm not having the best of luck with mine. Please help, this is my daily driver. (16G turbocharger) Edited by LAJitMitsu

• 10 months later...

I'm in the process of converting my 12a to a 16g. I have it all done for the most part. Taking in the compressor housing in today to get machined to fit the 16g wheel.

I bought a messed up 16g off craigslist and bought new wheels and a rebuild kit. Paid 100 to get my housings machined. I went this route so I could just bolt it up and go.

I'm in the process of converting my 12a to a 16g. I have it all done for the most part. Taking in the compressor housing in today to get machined to fit the 16g wheel.

I bought a messed up 16g off craigslist and bought new wheels and a rebuild kit. Paid 100 to get my housings machined. I went this route so I could just bolt it up and go.

Mike, you're such a noob. This thread is almost a year old.

-Robert