just replaced the dang slave and still NO change

starquestG54B

ok here it is. today i replaced the slave cylinder bc my clutch pedal will not openup the clutch fork so i can shift gears. the car has been sitting for over 5 years in someones yard. sofar i have replaced the water pump,plugs,freeze plug and gone thru about 10 gallons of antifreeze and distilled water weeding out all the cooling system leaks. that part is done and now i am only 2 steps away from driving this car on the road. so like i said the clutch pedal has no pressure ATALL and im getting irritated . i spent 3 hours bleeding the slave and getting nothing but the same! if you even touch the pedal it will slam to the floor and need pulled backup.

<_<

does ANYONE have ANY suggestions? any help would be apprectiated

the car is a 89 tsi 5speed with 124,000 miles

The master has ran too low on fluid and you must bleed it again you were just wasting your time with the slave. Take the hard line off of the master, have someone push the pedal down, you cover the hole for the line with your finger then have them pull the pedal back up. As the pedal is pulled up and you have the hole covered up the cylinder is now forced to suck in the fluid from the reservoir rather than the much easier to suck back up air that's in the line. Do this a few times and watch and tell them to push the pedal slowly because it will blast fluid out. Poke the line back in and tighten it back down then just don't let the reservoir run out and then gravity bleed the slave again, until you have to refill the reservoir at least twice or three times just do not let it run out then put in the bleeder and it should work. That make sense? Same thing you do if you got a new brake master cylinder you will pump it all day and it won't ever get fluid into the two chambers inside the cylinder if it just sucks the air in instead.

man what a load'd question,, may we ask where you put in the new fluid while you were bleeding the clutch slave http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

age not useage is the hardest on hyd parts,, seting for years and not moveing will alow corrosion to build up in the piston bore,, now after many years you depess the clutch petal the rubber seals on the master piston gets rip'd to bits by the rought build up , makeing the clutch master useless and in need of a rebuild or replacement

Edited by Shelby