MS3 tach but no spark

Trying to get my MS3 up and running but Im having ignition problems with my EDIS. Initially I had nothing so I flipped the VR wires and then I got a tach signal but still no spark.

I've triple checked my wiring vs. the schematic and checked for 12V at the EDIS module and at the coil, so I'm guessing it must be a MS setting issue.

Below you can find my TunerStudio file and a composite datalog while cranking.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8ok3d8uerztic5

http://www.mediafire.com/?ednn6e4da3ewp84

nvm i found your version...

well you've got your advance set to fixed, you need to change that to "use table".

I've got mine set to no prediction.

its also fairly common for the connectors to have breaks in the wiring, have you checked for continuity in all your wires? and you've triple checked your wiring?

the EDIS system is pretty simple, theres not alot of settings that would cause a no-spark situation. Its much more likely that something isnt wired right or a component is worn out...

I set it to fixed just to eliminate variables while getting the problem worked out.

I'll check the harnesses themselves..... but I'm 99.9% positive the wiring is correct..... and both the ignition modual and VR sensor are new.... so only the coil is used.

I'm not sure if you looked at my log file..... but to me it does not look like the correct input from the VR. Maybe I'm crazy though. lol

i cant get your log file to load right... it keeps asking em to specify Y axis because MAP isnt found in the datalog. :blink: :blink: :blink:

all i can think is just make sure that you have the correct output selected.

Wish ya lived closer, i'd come look at it.

MS3 has so many outputs i wish i needed to upgrade, but at this time its just a want...

well if its popping and backfiring, then you've def got spark. it soudns like what mine was doing before i fixed the plug wires

try re arranging the coil wire configuration.

remember which ones have to be on the same bank,

Running..... I had to switch my coil banks for some reason. The coil is marked 1-4, 3-2..... but following all the schematics on the net i apparently needed to flip them.

Either way MS3 is off the hook!

haha i did the same thing

I did that the first time I hooked up the EDIS coil too.

MS3 :wub:

MS3 is by far the best ECU I have used on any car. I'm still have trouble controling and PWM outputs such as my idle valve and boost solenoid, but both are showing promise.

Once I get everything running great with EDIS I'm going to take that out and go seqiential spark and fuel. I just didn't want to bite all that off at once with a new ECU.