What's Do You Think It's Worth???

kingquest87

Okay i have had a couple quest's in the past but i just came across a 87 Tsi 5-speed, it's been bored 30 over dunno if it has aftermarket pistons are not was wondering if they offered the oem's in a big size? Some might be able to answer that for me i hope. Anyways it's got 63,000 Miles on it, solid for a michigan car, have everything in the interior down to the cigarette lighter!! Factory sunroof, has new ground effects, front header panel(grill) new left fender, two new tires, dual gauge pod for a pillar, new drilled and slotted rotors, intercooler. Now the bad is that it's got a blown head gasket and they took all the trim off to repaint it a different color but never made it that far. They did the body work it need which was just basically fill a couple dents and a few rust spots sanded and primed. But other than that she is a beaut!! They leather still soft no cracks. Sorry if the threads every where but kinda excited and did't know where to start. But they never threw a price out there just asked me to offer what would you start at and what would u pay????

Thanks

Okay i have had a couple quest's in the past but i just came across a 87 Tsi 5-speed, it's been bored 30 over dunno if it has aftermarket pistons are not was wondering if they offered the oem's in a big size? Some might be able to answer that for me i hope. Anyways it's got 63,000 Miles on it, solid for a michigan car, have everything in the interior down to the cigarette lighter!! Factory sunroof, has new ground effects, front header panel(grill) new left fender, two new tires, dual gauge pod for a pillar, new drilled and slotted rotors, intercooler. Now the bad is that it's got a blown head gasket and they took all the trim off to repaint it a different color but never made it that far. They did the body work it need which was just basically fill a couple dents and a few rust spots sanded and primed. But other than that she is a beaut!! They leather still soft no cracks. Sorry if the threads every where but kinda excited and did't know where to start. But they never threw a price out there just asked me to offer what would you start at and what would u pay????

Thanks

$1000

blown head gasket....needs paints....and taking in consideration the new tires, 63k and has the cigarret lighter. :rolleyes:

$1,000-$1,500 approximately with out looking at the car

$3,500+/- for average Starion/Conquest

$5,000+++ in extremely clean great shape (and climbing)

my experiences with ones i have bought...

87 white/maroon blown head gasket $500

88 SHP silver/black drove back from indy $650

85 flatty red/maroon bad trans $400

86 technica red/maroon rusty but running $450

87 black/black running and paid way too much $1600

86 red/black drove back from PA, $1300

a conqest with a blown head gasket is a $500 peice, discription you give of the body just brought it down to a $300.

how long has it been sitting? i got a block here i can show you that ALL that was wrong was a blown head gasket in the #4 then got parked for a couple years. that blown head gasket left #4 full of WATER and now the piston and cylinder wall are rusted together and the motor is locked up tighter then a drum.

The only thing you got going for it is that it has 63K on it, otherwise, it's a $500 car at best. With the low mileage, it might be worth $1000 to the right person, but I think most people here only take paying more for low mileage into consideration when the rest of the car is running and in good shape.

The other issue is how the rust was handled. These cars rot from the inside out, so if there was a rust spot on the surface and they just sanded, filled, and primed it, without treating the rust or cutting and patching, they may have actually made it worse. Lots of people just stuff rust holes with Bondo, which may hide the problems for a bit, but will soak up moisture and eventually begin to cause it to rot faster. I would look under the car real good to see what the rust looks like down there. If the frame rails are rotting or the rocker/floor areas are rusting, then it's probably not as solid as you think.

Not trying to be a downer, just my 2 cents from a body man, and former Michigander.