car pulls to right

I have new inner/outer tie rods poly busings from the prvious owner. After I put the tie rods on I got it aligned and it still pulled to the right, I knew the tires were shot so I got a couple used ones that looked decent (definatly better than the ones I had) with the same effect. So I took it back, they redid it and it was exactly the same. So, I took it back again, they printed a sheet that showed everything and it looked like everthing was in spec:

Toe was 0 front and rear

camber in front was -1.25 and -1.00

camber rear was -1.57 and -1.34

caster was 4.98L and 5.6R

any ideas on why its still pulling?

Edited by bha280

Not super bad but bad enough that it bothers me. If I let go of the wheel it take a few car lengths before I need to straighten out. I haven't noticed the wheel wobbling like a bad bearing but I'll check it out, and the front calipers are new as are the lines, rotors and pads.

Did you get a print out of all the angles that was done when they got it aligned. I'm asking because if those numbers are correct ...then camber will pull to the most positive camber which would be -1.00. Caster will pull to the least positive. SAI angle (or Included angles) should have been helpful to identify if you have bent or damaged suspension parts. Usually if they give you a print out its about 3 pages of info. I just hope they did the rear alignment first then the front in the proper order. If you want to check the tires...just flip the tire to the other side and see if it pulls left. Edited by CondorTSI

It was only one page, the numbers are in my first post. The most positive numbers are on the right, front and rear, which I had considered already but it pulls pretty good, doesn't float or drift. All four tires are directional not that easy to just swap sides.

• 3 weeks later...
mine pulled to the right and I got it aligned and the rear thrust angle was bad. Basically the toe of the rear wheels were making them both point left, essentially "bringing" the rear end around whenever I didn't correct for it. My print out was only a page too, but it had front and rear camber, front caster, front and rear toe, thrust angle, SAI, and I think a few other things. Sounds like you went to a crappy alignment shop if they were too lazy to check thrust angle. A good way to see if it is in fact thrust angle is to let go of the steering wheel, get a feel for how much its pulling right, then give it some gas, if it pulls more (I think more, maybe its less) then you know its the rear suspension that's messed up. Could be the tire like stated above, but definitely the rear is messed up. if it stays the same its probably the front. The car should pull right with those numbers though since there is less camber on the right side than the left on both front and rear. Personally I'd adjust it so they are more even myself and then get it aligned that way the lazy south end of a north bound donkeys don't have to do as much work, since most likely that's the real problem.

mine pulled to the right and I got it aligned and the rear thrust angle was bad. Basically the toe of the rear wheels were making them both point left, essentially "bringing" the rear end around whenever I didn't correct for it. My print out was only a page too, but it had front and rear camber, front caster, front and rear toe, thrust angle, SAI, and I think a few other things. Sounds like you went to a crappy alignment shop if they were too lazy to check thrust angle. A good way to see if it is in fact thrust angle is to let go of the steering wheel, get a feel for how much its pulling right, then give it some gas, if it pulls more (I think more, maybe its less) then you know its the rear suspension that's messed up. Could be the tire like stated above, but definitely the rear is messed up. if it stays the same its probably the front. The car should pull right with those numbers though since there is less camber on the right side than the left on both front and rear. Personally I'd adjust it so they are more even myself and then get it aligned that way the lazy south end of a north bound donkeys don't have to do as much work, since most likely that's the real problem.

a pull is caused from caster. this: caster was 4.98L and 5.6R, is your problem right here.

The tech said he put mor caster on the right to make up for the crown in the road and to try and keep it from pulliing right, was he wrong?

And if I let my hands off the wheel I don't have but a second before I have to grab the wheel again, so trying to see if it pulls more/less when speeding up doesn't really work.