blow off valve

STOCKQUEST

I love the sound of a blow off valve. I just installed an adjustable bov between the throttle body and intercooler. The only problem is I am not exactly sure where to connect the vacuum hose. can anyone dumb this down for me to exactly the precise location of the vaccuum source? Thank you in advance for your response.

what year car is it? If you look on the intake manifold there is hole thats plugged ('87 and earlier is usually plugged, 88's and newer should have a barb there. towards the firewall), if you put a barb in its place, and just run the vac line to that.

Its the ideal spot.

Ill go snap a pic real quick.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5062/s5030535.th.jpg

Edited by Tipsysmile

Thanks for the help. My starquest is a 1987 so I just removed the 9mm bolt. When I called around the local auto stores and asked if they sell 'barbs' they didn't seem to understand what I was looking for. Where do I get a hold of one of these 'barbs'?

I grabbed mine off my '88 manifold i had sitting around.

And if they dont know what a barb is, I would never walk through their doors ever again. Was it auto zone?

I honestly dont know what size it, or threads, but take the plug you pulled out, use that for the threads. Then find out what size vacuum hose is needed for the BOV.

http://www.anver.com/document/vacuum%20components/vacuum%20hose/hose-barb.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Just post in the wanted section and I'm sure you will find one. You will have a hell of a time finding a barb that will fit in the manifold, it's an odd size if I remember...1/8" BSPT thread I believe....I searched and searched for a place to find a new one, ended up buying one off another member for 5 bucks, just ask around in the wanted section.

but in the mean time you could tap it into your third port on your throttle body.

Just post in the wanted section and I'm sure you will find one. You will have a hell of a time finding a barb that will fit in the manifold, it's an odd size if I remember...1/8" BSPT thread I believe....I searched and searched for a place to find a new one, ended up buying one off another member for 5 bucks, just ask around in the wanted section.

but in the mean time you could tap it into your third port on your throttle body.

1/8 bpt is the same as npt just not taped as deep, you can fit a 1/8npt plug in there it just wont thread as far. I tapped mine a little deeper when the manifold was off.

• 6 months later...

what year car is it? If you look on the intake manifold there is hole thats plugged ('87 and earlier is usually plugged, 88's and newer should have a barb there. towards the firewall), if you put a barb in its place, and just run the vac line to that.

Its the ideal spot.

Ill go snap a pic real quick.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5062/s5030535.th.jpg

That's not an 88-89 thing, it's an auto tranny vs. manual tranny part difference. The barb is for the auto tranny boost reference, Manual tranny cars have a plug there

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno where you are from stock but im sure there is a west marine somewhere in your vicinity. I used to work there and I know they have a barb that will meet those standards. Hardware on boats is definately more randomized than starquests. They will fulfill the barb need.