RB25DET Swapped Conquest - With Video

poweredbynissan

My biggest off with Nissan's stuff is why there are two crank angle sensor circuits, each having a 120* and 1* rotation signal. That alone made a Bee*R install on a friends' RB20 S13 a royal PITA.

I'm a fan of Toyota inline-sixes, and Nissan fours, though I'd rather run an SR or CA [hell, even a KA or L-series] on a Honda ECU and ignition.

My biggest off with Nissan's stuff is why there are two crank angle sensor circuits, each having a 120* and 1* rotation signal. That alone made a Bee*R install on a friends' RB20 S13 a royal PITA.

I'm a fan of Toyota inline-sixes, and Nissan fours, though I'd rather run an SR or CA [hell, even a KA or L-series] on a Honda ECU and ignition.

I'm a big fan of the Toyota line up as well. I do like how the Nissan engines sound a little deeper. I haven't had any trouble with the CAS yet. Other than being a PITA to wire, is there a disadvantage to using that type of ignition signal that you know of? I have played around with 4 cylinder turbo cars quite a bit (I have a pretty built '93 Eagle Talon TSi that I Auto-X, a stock '90 Talon TSi that I daily drive and have helped on friends Subaru flat 4's and a little on my brothers Ford 2.3 turbo) and I was ready for little more displacement. From the little bit that I have driven it, I really like having the torque available down low and the super quick spool on the turbo.

I'd rather run an SR or CA [hell, even a KA or L-series] on a Honda ECU and ignition.

and use a crappy honda distributor..... and put it where ? Seen tooo many of those fail.

At the local importers, honda motors are the only ones you'll never find with the distributor in them

http://www.nistune.com/ is all you need, if u wanna "push" the motor. To give an example, a clubmember competed successfully with his 520hp street ca18(1.8L)

Otherwise, seen great results on SAFC tuned strong running street cars

wow this is epic good job with the swap hope to see more vids maybe a dyno pull and 1/4 times after shes all ready

Thank you. I can't wait to get comfortable with everything and go see what she will do. There will definitely be some good burnout, dyno and other videos coming up :) It was running awesome, but I think that the water pump went out yesterday (I know, I should have changed it when it was easy). It is time to take care of the misc maintenance things to make sure that I don't blow it up or anything. I have already replaced most of the water lines and changed all of the fluids. I think I will pop in a timing belt and water pump and flush the engine one more time and then get some good miles on her.

and use a crappy honda distributor..... and put it where ? Seen tooo many of those fail.

At the local importers, honda motors are the only ones you'll never find with the distributor in them

http://www.nistune.com/ is all you need, if u wanna "push" the motor. To give an example, a clubmember competed successfully with his 520hp street ca18(1.8L)

Otherwise, seen great results on SAFC tuned strong running street cars

I hate to dirty this thread up with Honda electronics nonsense, but I'd hardly consider them "crap". I'm sure you're aware that a stock Honda ignition in good repair is able to support 700hp - I can think of 7 sub 11-second cars in Utah alone running an OEM ignition and ECU. It is hands-down the cheapest proven stand-alone for a 4-cylinder engine. I may even finish my G54B/Honda setup I had started fabbing up before I decided on my Cobra 5.0 V8 swap, and put it in another SQ for daily-driving duty. I don't see a downside, there is very little to be gained by a coil-on-plug setup from what I've seen in my experiences. ^_^

Just figured I'd add my two-cents to the subject, and move forward.

As far as any inherent disadvantages to how Nissan did it, I can't see any in an OEM light, however it does make things a pain in the arse to modify. I suppose I think things too-simply though. I'm not a fan of how Mitsubishi wired their 4G63s either, honestly.

But back to your car - so far things are looking great. I'd have added a flex-pipe somewhere in that downpipe, but to each is own I suppose.

Not saying they're 'crap', once operational, but.....

there has to be somethin wrong why all those honda distributors go missing, and I've had more than a few honda buddies go hunting for a good one

poweredbynissan probably don't mind tuning options mentioned in his thread I assume

I can vouch for the rb25/SAFC route, from experience

Nistune users, rave about it. I'm quite positive no honda option could even attract them. Like DSMlink for eg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Straight sixes are incredible... any chance of some motor mount shots?? Seriously considering this swap or perhaps even a rb20 not sure yet

Sure thing. I will take some pictures of a side profile and of the engine mounts. I haven't gotten to drive it too much yet, but the little that I have was awesome. It actually feels pretty well proportioned. The engine pretty much goes from the firewall clear up to the core support.

• 6 months later...