4g63 wideblock

Corey

All European, General Export, and Japanese Starions came with the g63b/4g63 wideblock up until mid 87, then things become a bit cloudy, some still had the 2.0L, while others moved to the 2.6L. In America they used the G54B from the beginning in 1983 to meet your emissions laws at the time.

Auto or Manual, doesn't make any difference, if its a g63b/4g63 originally from a Starion, it's a wideblock. The 2.0L Starions use the exact same KM132 manual trans the 2.6L Starions use, and I can only assume they share the auto's too, but I have no personal experience to back that up.

the g63b/4g63 designation is purely a year thing, and has nothing to do with RWD/FWD/AWD. They changed it somewhere late 85 I believe. My 1986 European spec 2.0L starion still has it's factory wideblock engine and KM132 trans fitted, and it has 4g63 stamped on the side. My 1982 Japanese spec 2.0L starion still has it's factory wideblock engine, and it has g63b stamped on the side. The two engines are almost identical however, just a few cosmetic differences, like a cast vs pressed cam gear, for example.

Edited by ZacMan

most accurate post in this thread /\

just to clarify: the engine designation has nothing to do with narrow/wide or RWD/AWD/FWD.

For US 2.0 what kane said is all that matters:

Mighty Max, D50, Ram50. 2.0L (engine code g63b) Automatic only. Measure lower bellhousing bolts to be sure, 13.25 inches center to center.

for 2.4 liter engines there are some vans etc you can find.