Got my BOV all hooked up and working

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/MikeTrottermb/IMG00040-20100720-1053.jpg

Finally got a vacuum nipple for the manifold so I can run this bad boy. Painted the pipe red, Not to happy with how it turned out but it will do for now. Will probably end up just buying a whole new set of pipes anyway. Only thing I see about it that I'm worried about is it blows off right on top of my fan plug. I am worried it might melt the wires for the fan.

Now what should I add to my car next? :D Looking to pick up a wideband next paycheck!

Also installing this pipe lifted that line from the radiator. Was thinking of cutting off the tip of the pipe at the bottom so it would sit lower. You guys have a better idea?

As long as it's not kinked, and your hood closes, I'd just leave it. If/when you decide you don't like it anymore, replace it with a braided SS unit, you can snake it under the pipe like I have mine:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4673562840_8f304db34f_b.jpg

Only thing I see about it that I'm worried about is it blows off right on top of my fan plug. I am worried it might melt the wires for the fan.

LOL if the air going into your engine after the intercooler is that HOT then you must be plumbing exhaust into the intake. LOL That air going into the engine should never be more than 120*. Mine has been 102* IAT at the hottest this year so far @100* outside temp. You won't melt the fan plug. :) The radiator fans blow hotter air than that when they come on and it doesn't melt anything...I hope.

Edited by Laodicea

• 8 months later...
lol, negative. It doesn't go anywhere. It just stops and makes the turbo do the "wash cycle" back and forth 100 times a second, giving you the so-called turkey gobble. That's stock. People add blow off valves or bypass valves for three reasons: to make the turbo live longer, to decrease whatever lag there may be between gears, and sometimes to show off a bit (enter the RFL).