turbo blew up....

87B71Brad

On the topic of turbos, what exactly IS the stock turbo on these things?? And what exactly do the numbers followed by a letter designate? Just wondering...

On the topic of turbos, what exactly IS the stock turbo on these things?? And what exactly do the numbers followed by a letter designate? Just wondering...

12a is a stock turbo. U can get a bigger wheel and have the housing machined to fit the wheel. Ragdoll does it and you can search the forums a bit and you will find answers

12a is a stock turbo. U can get a bigger wheel and have the housing machined to fit the wheel. Ragdoll does it and you can search the forums a bit and you will find answers

Don't worry about it. We all ruffle each others feathers sometimes. No harm done.

As for the turbo situation check the parts for sale section. Turbos pop up there sometimes. Also you can get that 14b rebuilt and turned into a 16g at a turbo shop. But the best advice is to get it running 100% perfect before you turn up the boost or try to make it faster. That's the quickest way to blow up a turbo engine. We have seen it too many times. "I bought a SQ, I blew up said SQ, I'm parting out my SQ."

After you get it running right a big 16g and a maf-t with a FPR and wideband AFR will turn it into a fun car without alot of $.

Getting it running 100% is a good idea. I'm gonna order some new leads and probably some new injectors. I've read on here somewhere that if the top of your injectors are cracked than its not a good sign and mine are startin to look that way. <_<