351w Swap

BlowinUp54B's

351w + nitrous = yes?

What do ya'll think? I don't wanna spend the money on building a 2.6 again, so I'm thinking 351w + cam + pistons/rods + 250 shot. Stock Blown Starion struts/stock springs, and some 255 drag radials. YES? :blush:

I know it's a few inches wider than the 302 but it'll fit.... with some gregs custom headers

Edited by BlowinUp54B's

would love to see some pics of the progress.

Get that 2.6 the crap away from that car!!!!

some will argue all day about how great of an engine the 2.6 is,....

Some will also sell you a mustang and make you believe its a horse.

Really its a turbo thing....the only reason someone would think the 2.6 is great!

Take the turbo off and its a fork lift engine that goes to the scrap yard.

Love it's a beautiful thing :wub: I once was in 2.6 love myself :unsure:

Really though I have a black 86 im doing another swap on and may do a ford this time.

So Im always looking for info......Post it up with pics man!!!!!!!!!

would love to see some pics of the progress.

Get that 2.6 the crap away from that car!!!!

some will argue all day about how great of an engine the 2.6 is,....

Some will also sell you a mustang and make you believe its a horse.

Really its a turbo thing....the only reason someone would think the 2.6 is great!

Take the turbo off and its a fork lift engine that goes to the scrap yard.

Love it's a beautiful thing :wub: I once was in 2.6 love myself :unsure:

Really though I have a black 86 im doing another swap on and may do a ford this time.

So Im always looking for info......Post it up with pics man!!!!!!!!!

It's a upcoming project, gotta wait for all of the money to come in. I have a shell, but it will be about 4-5 months before I start cutting everything.. I will take a ton of pictures for you, and everyone else.

• 3 months later...
i dont think the rear end will be much of an issue.when an irs car launches it throws the camber out so theres less traction.but ive gotten 1.8 60 ft times with mine and no issues.just dont try 5 grand clutch dumps with slicks on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I had one with a 351-W in it. Got rid of it before the project was completed. This was back in the early 2000's though. Don't know how far back the board goes, but I believe I had a few pix up of it. From what I recall, it's still around the Houston area awaiting completion still. I'd kinda like to get it back, but kinda not. LOL