Do I need a larger fuel pump?

Alright I FINALLY found the major issue with my car and it is now on the road and drivable. First, is it normal for it to idle a little rough and make a bit of a taping sound on idle? IT sounds great above idle, im guessing maybe the mechanical lifters are just noisy on these?

Anyways the main question here is I put on a boost controller and cranked it up to 12 psi. Do I need a larger than stock fuel pump to boost that high? It pulls really nice up until 3500-4000 rpm, once it gets a little past I would say 10psi and that rpm range it starts to cut power, really feels like its not getting enough fuel.

As far as i know its a stock turbo. So if it should be ok boosting to 12psi on a stock pump I apparently have another problem, any ideas? It really feels like a fuel problem and I know the secondary is working properly, otherwise I wouldnt be able to go up past 2k rpm or so with good pulling power. Im going to try and change the inline fuel filter just before the fuel pump.

As far as i know its a stock turbo. So if it should be ok boosting to 12psi on a stock pump I apparently have another problem, any ideas? It really feels like a fuel problem and I know the secondary is working properly, otherwise I wouldnt be able to go up past 2k rpm or so with good pulling power. Im going to try and change the inline fuel filter just before the fuel pump. How would i be able to check if the turbo is stock? I know its got markings on it but I dont have a clue what any of them mean, and it does feel awfully quick compared to the stock power rating.