boost issue

ok now i changed my vac advance to a workin 1 installed an aftermarket boost guage.. now my problem is that it wont boost. i mean it boosts but very low like 3 or 4 lbs and that cause i got a pair of vice grips on the acuator arm

Pull it off the pin. Grab the arm and try and pull it out, it should take both hands and some effort. That pin it was hooked on, flip that lever back and forth and leave it flipped forward. Now put the arm over next to that pin and look at the pin and the hole in the arm. You should have to pull the arm out about 1/8"-3/16" to get it to reach the pin to hook it on. That gives enough load on the flapper that covers the wastegate path inside the turbine housing so it will allow boost. If that arm is holding that pin back and that prevents the flapper from being mashed against the wastegate path opening, no, all you'll get is just a few psi boost.

I have a similar question. My 16g won't boost much. Made a cap to go over the turbo inlet and checked boost leaks and took care of them. I tied the wastegate flapper shut with a wire and it wouldn't boost over 15psi. In 2nd gear, it didn't get up 10psi until around around 4.5- 5k rpms.

I'm wondering that if I don't have good cam timing, it would make this happen.

ok well i checked the actuator arm thats all good i tightned every singlge hose that has a clamp on it and it seems to boost a 6-7.. wats normal boost for an 87 stock..