rebuild TB now i get throttle cut?

underpaidslave

as the title says i rebuilt my TB and now i get throttle cut with anything about 1/4 throttle what would cause this? one of my injectors has a mussing clip and it kind of jerry rigged so im thinking thats why but i would like know for sure.

A bad connection on your injectors will do that to you. Did you replace them already? I can't remember... If not, order some from DAD ($17 or so for both, plus shipping) and solder them in.

Are both injectors good? Did you check your vac advance?

If you want, you could stop by here and I'd help you take a look at it...

Yeah I was testing my old injectors/clips. One clip worked before I unplugged it, but after I plugged it back in it didnt work. I had to move around the clip to get it to work and eventually just got new ones from Randy. And 650/950 injectors from the GP.

The injector clips are a big deal on these cars and need to be in working order 100% or ull have problems out the tail. check tps check vac advance check injector clips, make sure ur tb return spring is on and the lever is on right.

the car ran fine before i rebuilt the tb.

I was trying to say, that by simply unplugging an injector clip and plugging it back in my primary injector stopped working. Thats all it took, unplug it, and plug it back in, and car no start. New clips fixed that issue. You could be having the same issue with your secondary.

Bad injector clips and bad fuel injectors are EXTREMELY common problems on these cars. On my car, BOTH were bad. I had the fuel cut like you are describing because my secondary injector was bad (stuck closed). I had bad injector clips because unless the clip was constantly re-positioned my primary would not fire.

If youre afraid to solder them, Ill admit that I didnt solder mine. I twisted the wire together and used heat-shrink tubing. The heat-shrink is pretty air tight so I think Im safe, and in fact I have not had any problems in the past year running like this. And Im a professional electronics technician and soldering takes up several hours of my day M-F, so its not like Im bad at it.