rich exhaust fumes

redskinjay

Ive been putting this one together and im learning as I go. When I get it to start it idles rough and you cant rev it up without it sputtering and increasing the amount of gas fumes and smoke, and then it shuts off. Obviously somethings wrong but, I dont know where to start.

All help is appreciated.

Thanx

Jay

Edited by redskinjay

Injectors are the #1 common problem almost always from what I learned. Member Brianpaul on here sells New OEM 650/950 Injectors. I would talk to him. Also check fuel filters n pump. Possibly FPR also. Check your plugs are they fouled? are they 1 step colder then stock Ngk plugs.

You can't check to see if your injectors are working correctly by looking at them. They are sensitive enough that even new ones cleaned months later might work better after they are cleaned. Its $38 to get them cleaned. How much crap do you suppose it stuck to the parts inside that injector after 20+ years? Your motor starts, idles and can drive without boost on that primary injector so its important that it be clean.

www.witchhunter.com is just one place that cleans them.

You can go on youtube and search for injector cleaning and see comparisons of rows of identical injectors being tested and some spray like total crap and others are close and this is what is in your car providing the fuel and the ECU can't do anything about it, if they spray like crap it will run like crap. If they call you and tell you they still have poor spray patterns tell them to do it again. I've sent injectors back again later and they did clean up but they aren't going to waste their time on them.