Put the motor in my quest and now it won't start

Live4Boost

I just finished putting the motor in my 89 quest last weekend and had it up and running good and strong on Tue. Tonight (Sat) I went out to start it up and nothing. I don't even get a click like it is trying to turn over. The only thing I do get is headlights and interior lights. I checked all the grounds and they look good, but the fuses are old so I am going to get some new ones The clock stays on and does not turn off even when I turn the car off so I was wondering if that could be a problem. The battery is brand new so I don't know if the clock killed the battery in 4 days.

Thanks

Joe

No the clock should not drain the battery and it always stays on. If you don't hear click then you should check the voltage on the battery to make sure its not dead. If the battery is drained that quick you might want to perform Parasitic Battery Drain on your battery to check. If you use a multimeter and get more than 25-50 milliamps then something is draining your battery. you'll have to start pulling fuses one at a time to see where the draw is at. Hope this helps you.

I have a 87 that will not start with the headlight switch or the running light switch in the on position.

not a big deal to me freaked me out the first time though. Getting a Latte from a cutie shut the car off not the lights. Panicked a bit line of cars behind me.