Churping noise~ VIDEO INSIDE!!!

Snowman3karrotz

Here Is a video of my Problem. I hope someone can diagnose and Help me fix this problem.

For the person that helps me fix it, i have a reward or "GIFT" ill give to you! don't ask me what it is either. Im a honest person you have my word!

with that said, PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

ClICK THE PIC!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/snowman3karrotz/th_questprob.jpg

I have read multiple postings and tried lots of things but nothing seems to work.

87 quest..TSI

has a msd 6a ignition

1gbov

blaster 2 coil

ngk plugs

bosh wires 7mm

everything else is stock.

----

I have tried the

-Vac advance

-plugs

-cap

-rotor

-injector clips

-injectors

-turbo manifold

WELL THANKS IN ADVANCE...-NEWNY

Edited by Snowman3karrotz

Tried pulling the vac line off the bov and plugging it??

Aka disconecting the bov, sounds like its opening stuppid early. disconeect and go for a drive.

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

Its called a backfire in the intake manifold "usually associated with a bad air fuel ratio"...this will cause a raise in pressure(loss of vacuum) in the manifold, letting the bov release the turbo lines air charge....in stock ecu form, this could be caused by a number of things that control injector pulse width or fuel pressure.

Good Luck

Edited by maxboost87

Its called a backfire in the intake manifold "usually associated with a bad air fuel ratio"...this will cause a raise in pressure(loss of vacuum) in the manifold, letting the bov release the turbo lines air charge....in stock ecu form, this could be caused by a number of things that control injector pulse width or fuel pressure.

Good Luck

I appreciate the post. ill look into the intake manifold for something ..

Sounds like too much fuel or unburned fuel. The BOV has no reason to be opening at those what I'm assuming low boost pressures. Its also seems to rev up very slowly or you just aren't pushing it at all or it can't be pushed. Park the car, leave it running and open the hood, go out and prop that hood open and put your hand at the opening of your BOV now move the throttle linkage with your hand slowly and increase the rpms to what you think is about 3000 rpms and hold it steady. Does that BOV LEAK ANY air at all? As your rpms stabilize and the vacuum in your throttlebody when there isn't any boost, and the same thing happens while maintaining a steady speed on flat ground, and that also means the volume is very high those BOVs just get sucked open from the vacuum and the air flow pushing on it. This means the ECU puts in fuel and the air to mix with it blows out so you run very rich and unless you are using those BURxxx spark plugs they will misfire and it will buck and puke and blow raw fuel into the exhaust and it can backfire. Its not a loss of fuel pressure I don't think. Then pull the spark plugs out and see if they are all black. A 12a at stock boost levels has no reason to have a BOV used with it you are causing more problems and doing nothing that is "saving" that old turbo. You are hearing that pop and backfire after you shift aren't you? After the BOV opened and dumped all that air out that tiny 12a pushed out that the engine expected to get so you loaded it up and no it won't want to rev up after you do that to it. That's my guess of the day assuming the rest of the car is ok and this just started happening after you put that BOV on it.

Sounds like too much fuel or unburned fuel. The BOV has no reason to be opening at those what I'm assuming low boost pressures. Its also seems to rev up very slowly or you just aren't pushing it at all or it can't be pushed. Park the car, leave it running and open the hood, go out and prop that hood open and put your hand at the opening of your BOV now move the throttle linkage with your hand slowly and increase the rpms to what you think is about 3000 rpms and hold it steady. Does that BOV LEAK ANY air at all? As your rpms stabilize and the vacuum in your throttlebody when there isn't any boost, and the same thing happens while maintaining a steady speed on flat ground, and that also means the volume is very high those BOVs just get sucked open from the vacuum and the air flow pushing on it. This means the ECU puts in fuel and the air to mix with it blows out so you run very rich and unless you are using those BURxxx spark plugs they will misfire and it will buck and puke and blow raw fuel into the exhaust and it can backfire. Its not a loss of fuel pressure I don't think. Then pull the spark plugs out and see if they are all black. A 12a at stock boost levels has no reason to have a BOV used with it you are causing more problems and doing nothing that is "saving" that old turbo. You are hearing that pop and backfire after you shift aren't you? After the BOV opened and dumped all that air out that tiny 12a pushed out that the engine expected to get so you loaded it up and no it won't want to rev up after you do that to it. That's my guess of the day assuming the rest of the car is ok and this just started happening after you put that BOV on it.

But i just took off the 1g bov and put the stock charge pipe back on and its still doing the same thing.

What spark plugs you have? They may be fouled and they don't clean their self.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/Spark%20Plugs.htm

Now, if you pull those plugs out and one or more is clean and others aren't then you have a coolant leak or a cracked head.

im running ngk plugs

i pulled them out yesterday they were all in good shape and their weren't any signs of a cracked head

Edited by Snowman3karrotz

You didn't go to that link and look at the plugs PART number did you or read why those plugs you likely have a doing that. NGK makes 100s of different plugs of different sizes and types for many different applications and this motor when new had a certain TYPE of plug that FEW are using most are using the WRONG plugs.

all i could hear was boost pressure leaking out , check ( by that remove and reinstall) the two rubber hoses one the 90 degree on the IC and the hose at the inj houseing ( ovc pipe hose ), many times the other pipes can apear to be in place when they are not,,under pressure they push out far enought to have pressure excape , once it leaks the car stops boosting and returns to idle