what size slicks are people using

skillz

15x8 cragar soft 8's. $42 bucks a piece from summit. 275/50/15 BFG drag radials $168 each. Idk, if money is a concern for you but I believe thats one of the cheaper options. If you get DR's as opposed to slicks you won't have to carry an extra set of wheels in the back of your car or worry about dying in the rain on the way to/from the track. My buddy had that same setup on his '02 GT and pulled consistent 1.7 60's on bone stock suspension. Anywho, my thoughts on the subject. Edited by tehzack

Nitto has some really nice drag radials out right now for a decent price. some of my buddies are using them.

i dont have any, but if your not making a whole bunch of power like me "maybe 250ish" on stock suspension....ive had good e/t's on regular summer tires. i like the goodyear gs-ds3..they are pretty soft for an everyday tire and get pretty sticky with a small burnout.

Nitto 555r's are great for a high hp street tire but lack on the drag strip due to sidewall reinforcment. MT's are ackward on the street due to no sidewall reinforcement which is what makes them the best on the strip.

Another option is the hoosier 225/50/16 if you want to use the stock wheels. Like the Micky et's, these should not be driven on the street. Consider diameter as well. With the taller tires you will need 250 plus hp to get to the top of the power band in fourth.

They should be comparable to the MT et streets. Not to be driven on the street though. Do you want a track only tire or one that is safe to drive on the street? Of course if you live real close to the track. :unsure:

There is also a MT drag radial that can be street driven. I have nittos, bfg's and had mt et's till some one stole them. Buddy has the 225 hoosiers. The nittos not so good, bfg's good but no comparison to race only tires. I like the smaller diameter of the 225's. 255's rub on some cars. I do like the big tire look. B)

They should be comparable to the MT et streets. Not to be driven on the street though. Do you want a track only tire or one that is safe to drive on the street? Of course if you live real close to the track. :unsure:

There is also a MT drag radial that can be street driven. I have nittos, bfg's and had mt et's till some one stole them. Buddy has the 225 hoosiers. The nittos not so good, bfg's good but no comparison to race only tires. I like the smaller diameter of the 225's. 255's rub on some cars. I do like the big tire look. B)

I looking for a track only tire, i have nittos drag radial on the car now, looking for something stickier.