CANT PEEL OUT!!!

Snowman3karrotz

Worn clutch? I know mine is, I cant get good starts or even a chirp, if I rev above 3k all I get is a burning remnants of my clutch.

What RPMs are you at when you attempt to peel out and how fast do you release the clutch?

Worn clutch? I know mine is, I cant get good starts or even a chirp, if I rev above 3k all I get is a burning remnants of my clutch.

What RPMs are you at when you attempt to peel out and how fast do you release the clutch?

the clutch is fairly new. grabs good never slips ill re it pretty high! and just dump the clutch and all i get is a little eeeer lol and it stops its almost like i dont have power u know.

the clutch is fairly new. grabs good never slips ill re it pretty high! and just dump the clutch and all i get is a little eeeer lol and it stops its almost like i dont have power u know.

how does it run without dumping the clutch?

Does it have power when driving? Is it running right?

What year is your car?

What RPM are you dumping said clutch at?

Do you know if you're spinning or not? These cars spin tires yet stay straight and don't make a lot of noise doing it...so...you can't always tell til you revisit the black marks.

how does it run without dumping the clutch?

Does it have power when driving? Is it running right?

What year is your car?

What RPM are you dumping said clutch at?

Do you know if you're spinning or not? These cars spin tires yet stay straight and don't make a lot of noise doing it...so...you can't always tell til you revisit the black marks.

it drives slow, like it isnt picking up boost or something but it is.

its a 87

maybe 5k

nah doesn't spin at all

My '89 is similar. Its been on and off though lately but I cant burn out. I thought it was just the clutch (and thats probably part of it) but its not running right.

Vacuum advance?

Boost leak?

Dirty injectors?

Loose injector clips?

If you ease on the gas does it build power right?

My '89 is similar. Its been on and off though lately but I cant burn out. I thought it was just the clutch (and thats probably part of it) but its not running right.

Vacuum advance?

Boost leak?

Dirty injectors?

Loose injector clips?

If you ease on the gas does it build power right?

then we gotta stick together on this lol...

i fixed the vac advance

how can you check for a boost leak?

i took injectors out cleaned them and tried to switch them still nothing..

ill check the clips i dont think its that tho

and yea it does do that when you ease on the gas it feels like its building boost about to launch but when you step on it... nothing

I think the 87 has different injectors, dont swap them.

to check the VA for a leak, take the vac hose and suck air out of it, you should see resistance right away, if you are able to suck out of it, its leaking.

got a high pressure gauge?

and yea it does do that when you ease on the gas it feels like its building boost about to launch but when you step on it... nothing

Typical turbo car response. It's called turbo lag. If you dump the clutch and slam the gas the turbo hasn't spooled up yet and the car will bog off the line. Conversely if you rev it up then dump the clutch and floor the gas you've given the turbo time to spool a little and therefore have more power.

Remember most of the power from a turbo car comes from the turbo being spooled up. Learning the tricks to spooling it faster make the car run faster. when starting quickly from a dead stop you have to give a turbo car more gas while slipping the clutch than you do in a NA car.

Typical turbo car response. It's called turbo lag. If you dump the clutch and slam the gas the turbo hasn't spooled up yet and the car will bog off the line. Conversely if you rev it up then dump the clutch and floor the gas you've given the turbo time to spool a little and therefore have more power.

Remember most of the power from a turbo car comes from the turbo being spooled up. Learning the tricks to spooling it faster make the car run faster. when starting quickly from a dead stop you have to give a turbo car more gas while slipping the clutch than you do in a NA car.

i have a 87 conquest too, that one i can do dougnuts for hours in it and i can peek out all down the street

and my 93 prelude is turbo charged too so i know a decent amount when it comes to the turbo but it just feels like u said.. bog i guess

still tho no power even if i drive it

I think the 87 has different injectors, dont swap them.

to check the VA for a leak, take the vac hose and suck air out of it, you should see resistance right away, if you are able to suck out of it, its leaking.

got a high pressure gauge?

checked the va wasnt the problem, held the vac pressure like a champ and heard the resistance