Headers

csdisme

Chad's been MIA since late April. He hasn't responded to any of my PMs or emails, despite us agreeing on a deal previously. His header/intake work is very solid though...he's just very hard to get a hold of sometimes. lmk if you have better luck than I.

I was gonna auction off Chad's cell number a couple months ago...

-Robert

^^^ I already have it. Just haven't heard back. I'm not in a dire rush, but figure he just doesn't want to lose the drivability (a word?) of his Conq by pulling the T56 setup for me before he's able to get his brand new tranny.

Sorry for the thread jack - his work is worth it, if you are able to wait or if you get lucky and he already has one done and ready to ship quickly.

Cast iron log FTW. The stock cast iron manifold worked great on all the Starions that won endurance road races back in the day. Tube headers generally suck on every level. This conclusion was reached after installing and running them on a couple aspirated V8 engines. I can't even imagine how much they would suck with red-hot and then cold turbocharger bolted up to the tubes. Iron log!

Cast iron log FTW. The stock cast iron manifold worked great on all the Starions that won endurance road races back in the day. Tube headers generally suck on every level. This conclusion was reached after installing and running them on a couple aspirated V8 engines. I can't even imagine how much they would suck with red-hot and then cold turbocharger bolted up to the tubes. Iron log!

Well, yes that is true. But, there many race teams running tubular headers with turbos. I think it's become a common use application. For example Formula Drift Taka Aono has tubular headers on his turbo Ae86 Corolla, as well as many others. Those things take alot of abuse and they hold up real well. The guy that made Takas headers is here in SoCal. They look pretty sturdy.