heated mirros?

were heated mirrors ever an option on these, i did a search but came up dry. The one im building doesnt have it, but the parts car I picked up recently has the same logo on both side mirrors as my both my parents cars, and it indicated heated mirrors. I have never seen this on anything older than say an 2002 model car. But if they are indeed heated mirrors would it be a direct swap onto the one im working on or would I need to do more than just swap the mirrors?

well my parts car is also an 87 so its defintely not just the 88-89 that had it. Not that it really matters since the car will never see cold weather, but still since i have them it would be nice to add all the options I can just to say its there. I wonder if info on it might be in the shop manual?

Ah I see now, some of them must have the little heated symbol on them, I mean its highlky unlikely that both of the mirrors on my parts car were replaced, and both have the symbol. But from what you say maybe mine does have them and just not the symbol. If thats the case cool, I can swap mirrors just to have the symbol and be done with it.

well my parts car is also an 87 so its defintely not just the 88-89 that had it. Not that it really matters since the car will never see cold weather, but still since i have them it would be nice to add all the options I can just to say its there. I wonder if info on it might be in the shop manual?

Somebody swapped them on your 87 dude, because they only came on the last 2 years of production.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL, some people believe everything they read, factual or not, and even with hard evidence wont agree. I very highly doubt the ones on my car were swapped, Its possible, but thats 3 or 4 of us now that have said they have them on an 87, I doubt they were swapped on all of them. Maybe it was STANDARD on the 88-89 and only OPTIONAL in 87, but there are 87's out there that have them.

yeah...I think the mark was just put there so people were like..."ooooo....aaaaa" in the showroom...lol Because, without it, nobody probably noticed it had that feature.

I didn't notice I had heated mirrors till I hit the defrost button and got out once I reached my destination and felt the mirror was very warm as I walked past it...haha

They do exist, and no, nobody swapped them on.

and, Robert, do 86s have them as well? Because I don't know what year they started.