Flooding Problem

cdatt

Well guys, it turn out to be a stuck injector like you said...

Thanks for all the help.

I know now that if I ever have any other issues to come here.

Thanks again,

Cdatt

I have a 1987 Conquest that ran up until about a week ago. I had not started it for a week an decided to start it up, but the battery was dead, (it has happened before and was not a big deal) after chargeing it I tried to start the car and it would not go, after looking under the hood I found the car was flooding and gas was comming out by the turbo waste gate. So with that, I decided to pinch off the main fuel line with a vise grip, sure as day the car started but as soon as I removed the vise grip it stalled again. to tell you the truth it smelled real bad too.

anyboy out there have any ideas what happened???

any help would be great.

Thanks,

Cdatt...

P.S. I need a fuel feed line now that I pinched the hose som many times and put a hole in it...

Edited by cdatt

First - pull the tubing off of the TB which goes to the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator. See if it has gas in it. If so, your fuel pressure regulator's diaphram has given up the ghost. You need to replace it. This is probably your root cause of the extreme flooding.

Second - replace the fuel line that you wore a hole in. That's a real PITA.

Third - Dump the engine oil and probably your old oil filter too and add a new load of oil and filter.

Fourth - It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull your spark plugs and take a look at them too.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Here ya go for the FPR. You can trust these used parts to have been tested and are good.

http://sqperformance.forumcity.com/viewtopic.php?t=89

I am assuming that you holed the HP fuel hose between the HP filter & the fuel pressure regulator. It's Mistu PN is MB43 3990; see the above link for the HP fuel hose upstream of the HP fuel filter.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Take the pipe off that leads into the throttlebody, get a light or use a mirror and look in there and have someone turn the key so the motor rolls over and watch. You see fuel in pulses or just spraying all the time? If you have cranked and cranked and your battery was low you may have loaded up the cylinders so bad and it never started that fuel that was in there does get blown out into the exhaust and it will leak from that gasket where the turbine meets the first convertor/downpipe. Your spark plugs are also fouled, they won't fire until they are dry so cranking the motor more just is making it worse. As mentioned, ONLY if you pull that little hose off the bottom of the regulator and fuel runs out does that mean its leaking and needs replaced. If not there's nothing wrong with it.

You got dirty injectors or a dead ignitor and it just won't start. For a stuck injector it won't matter if its plugged in or not, if its just dirty and sticking open then unplugging it may let it stay closed. You sure you have ignition when the motor is cranking?

Many places that clean injectors, local or online such as www.witchhunter.com

Thanks for the lead.

Here ya go for the FPR. You can trust these used parts to have been tested and are good.

http://sqperformance...wtopic.php?t=89

I am assuming that you holed the HP fuel hose between the HP filter & the fuel pressure regulator. It's Mistu PN is MB43 3990; see the above link for the HP fuel hose upstream of the HP fuel filter.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Thanks for the lead.

sounds like your not too up on fuel inj cars,, take some advice do not try starting an engine that has so much fuel in it it actualy runs out the other side http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

it'd make perfict sience that every thing from the intake side to the turbo would be full of gas right ,,

unplug the dist connector,, unplug the fuel pump connector in the rear compartment under the acess plate ,,

clamping off the fuel line creates up to 80 + psi ,,you can run the fuel pump by way of the test connector by the air filter box,with out turning on the ign key or cranking the engine ,single blk/white wire, odds are good you have an inj stuck wide open or the pressure reg diaphram is bad

please be carefull