Need Help!

I let my friend borrow my car, and apparently the fans stopped working...and the idiot blew my head gasket the other day.

The fans arent my concern.

Once the head is on and I have it torqued down, I cant seem to get the timing sprocket back on the camshaft. Any tricks/tips without having to take the chain off?

and my other question. there was a switch that on one end has a probe like end to it that mounts on the intake manifold close to the thermostat housing, and on the other end has 2 vaccum ports that runs to the throttle body. please tell me what this is. I dont know how to make pics small enough to upload on here..if you dont know what im talking about please shoot me a pm with cell number or email and ill senda pic.

thanks,

joe.

Take a long screwdriver and push the oil pump plunger in to gain some slack in the chain.

The plastic piece with 2 vacuum ports is part of the egr system. If you don't have smog checks, it isn't needed.

Jimmy

i know this probably sounds stupid...but where is the plunger located at? the repair manual isnt showing a very accurate picture of its location.

On the left of motor about mid way down be pulling the chain as you try to push in the plunger