MAFT question

I just need to know which wire, if any, to remove from the MAFT plug so that it will plug into the stock harness. I've got: PINK, GREEN, GRAY, BLACK, BROWN. I recall reading that one of the pins needs to be bent down, but instead I've decided to just remove it from the plug altogether. The search reveals a ton of info, and I sifted thru a bunch and couldn't find what I was looking for, may have overlooked it though.

In the picture below I've shown the layout of the plug. The white dot is the location of the BLACK wire, the red X's signify blank slots.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/May_2010/photo-4_1.jpg

Thanks,

-Dale

i dont eliminate any of the plugs, should just plug right in once you get the casing of the plug outta the way. got three of them sitting here with MAFT wired on them and NONE of them have any tabs removed or bent down.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/t3033.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/t3032.jpg

Edited by cyberquest

i believe all those wires are to be use.

I think you might be confusing yourself with the 1g mass. With the 1g mass, yes one pin on the Mass needs to be bent down or cut out due to the 6 pin pig tail from the stock starquest harness. But for the Maf-t, you shouldnt have to remove any pins from the pigtail. you should be able to plug that strait into the stock mass pigtail, put the GM-maff where you want it, Plug that in. And start the car and begin tuning.

i dont remember off the top of my head how the wires go, or the wire colors go, but all those should be used, -pink is power, -green is signal wire, -white(black) is ground, -brown is air temp (set to constant 75 degrees or so), -grey is baro., ill have to look at the manual to make sure thats correct.

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

Alright, awesome, thanks guys.

I know I read that PINK should line up with RED on the stock harness and from there its just "make the plug work".

I appreciate the help.

-Dale

Edited by dmyers151

if you like this can give you a base starting point on your tuning, this is how mine is setup, the 2 other cars here are also running the same settings. we run stock injectors and a/f is pretty close, another member with delphi injectors mentioned it was a little lean for his tastes, but he then install some stock injectors and he reported back that a/f was much better with the stock injectors.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/BlackQuest/f010.jpg

Edited by cyberquest

haha, i should snap a pic of my settings. with my FIC stock replacement injectors, those nobs are all over the place lol, theyre not even close to what you have.

i should give those settings a shot too and see what happens., who knows..maybe it might run better.

Daniel

i am actually running one click richer at WOT now (far right) because i am running about 24psi now and when that pic was taken i was running about 18psi.

cant wait to hear your reports on how you think it performs, i already know the answer :lol:

so I ran out and snapped a few of my maf-t settings.

waaaaaaayyyy different then yours Cyber., lol

ill try yours on my lunch maybe, i gota go get some gas so maybe ill use your settings to go to the gas station.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/daniels_zx6/2010-05-20104201.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/daniels_zx6/2010-05-20104049.jpg

its most likely because my injectors are replacement injectors. my stockers where leaking allot, so i had to get new ones.

Edit: can you tell me what the settings are? i cant quite see them from that pic on this comp.

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

Interesting Dan.

I'll have to give both setups a shot and see how they look on the wideband. I know Coke has a good tune going as well, but I can't seem to get ahold of him. Maybe it's time to start a "MAFT Settings" thread.

lol, one thing you have to remember is that the placement of the maf could also be a part of why some settings are so different., that and of course the different mods between the cars..

my maf is set up sort of like a blow through style, so Cybers maf-t set up may cause my car to run like crap, due to his maf possibly being set up in front of the turbo as a draw threw set up.. so im sort of eager to see what may come from his settings on my car.

Daniel

yea mines just set up as a draw thru design not a blow thru setup.

mine to clear up the pic:

aux:0

base:2

idle:1

mid:2

WOT:C (-3)

meyers, i think coke should be running setting close to mine, i think he also used mine as a base starting point for his. and i will agree that each car will probably be a tad different, i know mine and gregs have pretty close to the same mods and my setting work awsome on his car. i also have toms car just recently setup with the maft and its set like mine also, his has had a couple small test drives but nothing to comfirm hes completly dialed in just yet, but it runs great on the test drives so far.

ehhh....yep...

that was a no go for your settings on my car Cyber lol. everything was just waaaaayyy to rich. it barely even started up haha

i havnt seen 9's and 10's from my wideband since the 1g mass!., lol

Daniel

Well, it turns out I cut the wrong side of the plug off. So I went back last night and pulled all the pins out and shifted them one space to the left. Hopefully I'm good to go now.

• 3 weeks later...
So i just put in my MAF-T and the thing is annoying me..I am trying to tune with my narrowband for now...She idles perfect, but is sputtering as I rev I tried every adjustment I could come up with..She won't rev past 3500rpm....Any ideas??