Hesitation ?s

I've done the quest swap into my 81 toyota.All is runnin pretty good except when im driving along and go to punch it, it pops for a split second and hesitates before taking off.Like it runs outta gas for a second.Could this be the second injector opening up and theres a split pause or is it something else.Im running the 255 walbro pump,1g mas,small 16g turbo. Edited by spooky1

almost bet on vacuum advance. Its the little saucer looking thing on your distributor. You can test it by unhooking the line going to your throttle body and sucking on it and plugging it with your tongue. You should feel it hold vacuum and not lose any.

Another not so great way to tell is if you and driving and punch it and it hiccup's...if you keep on holding the gas it should continue on through the rpm range with no more bucking i believe.

Dirty injector clip or bad TPS. There's a small plastic cam that comes off the TPS and throttle shaft, these two pieces mate to each other and its how the shaft ends up moving the TPS. If those are at all sloppy or worn you will have the problem you mentioned. Easy to inspect and if the TPS has a dead or flat spot it can also cause this. Use a volt meter on it, not a digital one, slowly move the TPS and the meter should move with it.

Dunno about rebuild kit, but a new one is fairly cheap.. Just ordered mine today from Auto zone, and should be in tomorrow.. cost $63 out the door. Hoping it fixes my hesitation also.. Edited by Tipsysmile

yea, tooke me a little longer, since i didnt pay attention to the 2nd screw right under the vac advance.. Was wondering why it wouldnt come off.. lol

But also fixed my hesitation, Car runs great now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you just need to finagle the hook, maybe use a small flat head driver to pull it and then hook it. just took a little messing with it. But the basic idea is pull the hook and latch it on, it's going to feel a little awkward until you get it.

Best of luck

you just need to finagle the hook, maybe use a small flat head driver to pull it and then hook it. just took a little messing with it. But the basic idea is pull the hook and latch it on, it's going to feel a little awkward until you get it.

Best of luck

I figured it out not long after that post. Turns out I had bent the metal prongs that hold the hook on so it wouldn't fit in correctly.